MA900 Review | The HD598 Killer
Sep 29, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:
Oh don't worry, that isn't the case here. Although these aren't bass oriented, I wouldn't call them bass light either. Similar in quantity to the ones I mentioned above.

Alright, thanks!  I might have to give these a try to replace my HD595s seeing as how they're falling apart and I doubt Sennheiser will be much help in getting them fixed, at least not for cheap...and seeing as how they'll probably just end up falling apart again. :p

Oct 27, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #17 of 24
Great review Katun, enjoyed reading it. I need more info on the bass though, as it's the main aspect which is preventing me from buying these headphones and giving them a try. Do they have quantity and impact comparable to, say, the k550/q701 or the a900x which I think you also reviewed.

Oct 27, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:
Great review Katun, enjoyed reading it. I need more info on the bass though, as it's the main aspect which is preventing me from buying these headphones and giving them a try. Do they have quantity and impact comparable to, say, the k550/q701 or the a900x which I think you also reviewed.

Hey, thanks. I apologize for not going into too much detail relating to specific aspects of the sound. I felt this review would be better off that way.

The K550 has got more bass presence (when properly sealed) and from memory, the Q701 has a bit less. I'd never label the MA900 has bass anemic. It's sorta like the HD598 and HD600's bass, but has more of a tactile feel. I find it easily one of the better presentations of bass I've heard in headphones. Would never recommend it for bassheads, but other than that, I don't think too many people would find a problem with it's bass amount.

Jul 19, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #20 of 24
There is something very 'right' about how the MA900 sounds, it reminds me of the brilliant cans you get that have amazing mids and highs but no bass, but the MA900 has the bass as well !!!

My current favourite open can, have given my HD600 away to my brother now.

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:
There is something very 'right' about how the MA900 sounds, it reminds me of the brilliant cans you get that have amazing mids and highs but no bass, but the MA900 has the bass as well !!!

My current favourite open can, have given my HD600 away to my brother now.

Haha, interesting move. I haven't heard either one, but I'm in the market for a new open headphone.
What made you choose the ma900 over the hd600?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back