M9P Distorted Sound
Dec 11, 2010 at 7:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Ninjax

Head-Fier
I'm so fustrated right now, I waited so long excitedly for my M9Ps to arrive, only to plug them into my MP3 and phone to find great distortion in the sound. They work fine when I plug them in my computer, but as soon as I plug them in my android phone or zen vision m the sound is heavily distorted, you can barely hear the lyrics, all is you can hear is bass.

Dec 11, 2010 at 8:23 AM Post #4 of 13
It is a wild guess but it doesn't surprise me a bit. iPhone compatible mic is not universally compatible to all other cellphone, some brand like Samsung like to use a different pin configuration so even the plug is identical, the ground and mic pins are in the wrong place for iPhone hand-free. I also happen to know some Creative Zen model suffers from this issue as well because they implement some kind of remote control in the 3.5mm plug and make it not compatible with any iPhone hand-free. These are hardware problem so there really isn't much you could do.

Dec 11, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #6 of 13
Well, if you get a 3.5mm cable extension with no microphone support (i.e., 3-pin extension instead of 4-pin), you may be able to make it work.

Something like say http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.23190 ; unfortunately, it means carrying extra length of cable around.

I've looked for some with a shorter cable length, but unfortunately I can't find any... my phone has a 2.5mm jack, so the 3-pin 3.5->2.5 I have works well even though the phone is an old Nokia and doesn't support the iPhone-like microphone pinout.

Except for that (or lining up a 2.5mm->3.5mm and a 3.5mm->2.5mm adapter, or taping the mic button closed) there's not much you can do.

Dec 11, 2010 at 9:19 AM Post #7 of 13
unless you willing to....................................................snip off the mic and recable them...
L3000.gif

Dec 11, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #8 of 13

Quote:
Well, if you get a 3.5mm cable extension with no microphone support (i.e., 3-pin extension instead of 4-pin), you may be able to make it work.

Something like say http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.23190 ; unfortunately, it means carrying extra length of cable around.

I've looked for some with a shorter cable length, but unfortunately I can't find any... my phone has a 2.5mm jack, so the 3-pin 3.5->2.5 I have works well even though the phone is an old Nokia and doesn't support the iPhone-like microphone pinout.

Except for that (or lining up a 2.5mm->3.5mm and a 3.5mm->2.5mm adapter, or taping the mic button closed) there's not much you can do.

That's a good idea, but I'd rather return it. And yeah, recabling is out of the question, lol.
I've found a way to keep the mic button held down, will this in any way damage the earphones?

Dec 11, 2010 at 9:27 AM Post #9 of 13
Yeah, an extension cable will work. You can try to ask if MEElec will exchange it for an M9 or not and save $5, or M9 with an eartips pack.

Dec 11, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #10 of 13

Quote:
Yeah, an extension cable will work. You can try to ask if MEElec will exchange it for an M9 or not and save $5, or M9 with an eartips pack.

Best idea yet, but it will cost a lot to send back, and they don't refund postage. Will having the mic button held down by something be find for the headphone's health?

Dec 11, 2010 at 10:15 AM Post #11 of 13
Likely the mic button will break prematurely since it is not designed to be held in the position. I find a relatively easy solution for you: 3.5mm right angle adapter (works like an extension). Radioshack has them (if you are in the U.S.), or try eBay.

Dec 11, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #13 of 13
The cust service at MEElec is outstanding.  Email them (customerservice@meelec.com), explain situation to them.  You will probaby hear back from Simon, and he will likely send a new M9P right to you with a return envelope for you send back the defective one.  I've bought 4 different phones from them, had some wiring/sound issues with 2 of them and they took care of me like I was their best friend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back