M50s, no sound from left side
Jan 15, 2013 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

PR1MO1

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I have a pair of ATH-M50s that are about 18months old (bought after a lot of time reading these forums), I use them regularly commuting and most of my work day at my desk. Today I sat down on the train and the left side stopped playing sound. Any ideas on what could be the cause and/or how to fix?

FYI it's not source-related as it happen when they were plugged in to my phone (Galaxy S3) and I have since tried on an iPod and out of a FiiO E7 hooked up to my work PC and still the same thing.

It's a sad day.

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #2 of 3
More than likely a bad connection in the plug. Not sure how plug comes apart but I would look into it. The good news is that the left side is the feed side so it is more than likely the plug. See if the plug unscrews. Some guys up here might know. You might have to resolder a connection. You can fix it. Good luck and don't worry.

Jan 17, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the reply. I'll have to figure out how to get the plug off.

Was thinking I'd have to replace them, so was starting to look at alternatives since I use them mostly at work and on the train. Was looking for something a little more portable like maybe the B&W P5's or the HD 25 1-II. Probably more the HD25 out of those 2 though as the P5s seem to get mixed reviews. Although if it came to it, I'd probably just get another pair of M50s, just love them lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back