M50s horribly uncomfortable for me
Nov 7, 2012 at 6:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bavman

New Head-Fier
I just got some ATH M50s in the mail today and their comfortable is just terrible. When I put them on they're slightly slanted down and put lots of pressure under my ear where the jaw is. This becomes really uncomfortable really fast (5-10 minutes). I notice if I press on the top of the cans so the pressure is more equal all around or more towards the top of the cans they are much much better. Is there anyway I can deal with this (different pads/mod)?

Anyone else feel this way? I don't really have other "over the ear" headphones to compare to, the only other ones I have are "on the ear"

Nov 7, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #2 of 6
the clamp is where you get its isolation. if you lossen it up by stretching the headband, youll get less isolation

i agree though that they hurt abit but not as bad as an akg k518dj clamp

Nov 7, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #3 of 6
I wish there was a way to get the cups are more straight though rather than angled down even if I lose a little bit of isolation they would feel much better

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #5 of 6
I don't think so haha. I guess I'll keep them for a while and see how they work out. I got them from amazon so I have around 2 month to return them because of their extended holiday return policy.

Nov 8, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #6 of 6
I don't like the M50's at all, this being one of the reasons. I would suggest sending them back and ordering some Shure SRH-840's.

Better comfort and sound quality IMO. For around the same price

Users who are viewing this thread

Back