M2Tech Young DAC
Feb 4, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #17 of 88
It is 25% less in Australia. The US distributor must be adding on the best part of 100% mark up from wholesale.

I wish that it had a second set of line outs so that I could use it with my HiFi amp as well as my headphone amp.

Feb 4, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #19 of 88
Yes. At the $1500 AUD price we get free postage and free upgraded power too.

Feb 5, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #20 of 88
Hmm, I wonder though how much you'd have to spend on the power supply to get the best performance. I went from the stock wallwart to a battery supply on my Off Ramp USB converter and I could never go back. The new battery supply from Red Wine Audio is expensive.

Feb 5, 2011 at 7:49 AM Post #21 of 88
I am not sure where I read it but I think that the upgraded power supply option is a battery set up. Does anyone know for sure?

Feb 5, 2011 at 8:18 AM Post #22 of 88

Quote:
AIt is 25% less in Australia. The US distributor must be adding on the best part of 100% mark up from wholesale. I wish that it had a second set of line outs so that I could use it with my HiFi amp as well as my headphone amp.

It would be really interesting if it came with balanced XLR outputs as well.

Feb 5, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #23 of 88

Quote:
I am not sure where I read it but I think that the upgraded power supply option is a battery set up. Does anyone know for sure?

On the Wicked Digital previews page, it just says the upgraded supply gives better regulation and filtering but no mention of batteries.

Edit- The first post in this thread mentions there being an optional battery supply but it may be for the vaughn dac.  This thread got off to a confusing start.

Feb 6, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #24 of 88
I cant see anything written specifically about the spec of the Vaughan.  I have seen that it will cost approx $6000USD but cant find many other specifications.  The intro to this thread shows a Young and then talks about the Vaughan. 

Feb 6, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #25 of 88

Quote:
I cant see anything written specifically about the spec of the Vaughan.  I have seen that it will cost approx $6000USD but cant find many other specifications.  The intro to this thread shows a Young and then talks about the Vaughan. 

I become more confused.  If the first post talks about the Vaughan, isn't that giving you what you want?

Feb 6, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #26 of 88
My conclusion was that the person posting the info had the details of the Young and the picture of the Young but referred to the Vaughan.  All of the details match the specs of the Young from both the M2Tech website and wickeddigital.com.au

Feb 6, 2011 at 3:35 AM Post #27 of 88

Quote:
My conclusion was that the person posting the info had the details of the Young and the picture of the Young but referred to the Vaughan.  All of the details match the specs of the Young from both the M2Tech website and wickeddigital.com.au

All of the specs except for the 8 dac chips, te young has 1 I think.  If you click on the link at the bottom of the original post you will see were the information came from.  Just noticed it myself really.

Feb 6, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #28 of 88

Thanks for pointing that out. Four times the price for the extra DA chips plus balanced output. Will have to be pretty good for that kind of money.

Does anyone know where you can get 384 native tracks from?

Feb 6, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #29 of 88
Doesn't the Young DAC basically have the Evo asynchronous USB module built-in? If so, it's not really that expensive for $1500 considering the Evo sells for $475 alone in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back