M$ XBucks 360 Price Announced...
Aug 18, 2005 at 3:31 AM Post #16 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
Hah, you think so huh? My gamertag is the same as my username, send me an invite and I'll give you a whoopin!

It's times like these I wish I hadn't sold my xbox and Halo 2!!

If you want to add me now, my gamer tag is Meesta Moe . Feel free to add me, but bear in mind I won't be around until November...but then IT'S ON!

Actually, everyone in this thread can add me now if they like. Then I just have to accept some invitations when I get up and running.

Aug 18, 2005 at 5:11 AM Post #17 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek
It's times like these I wish I hadn't sold my xbox and Halo 2!!

If you want to add me now, my gamer tag is Meesta Moe . Feel free to add me, but bear in mind I won't be around until November...but then IT'S ON!

Actually, everyone in this thread can add me now if they like. Then I just have to accept some invitations when I get up and running.

You're finished

Aug 18, 2005 at 5:23 AM Post #18 of 35
one thing for sure, i am not getting any new consoles. i have an xbox just collecting dust right now, same will happen w/ 360

Aug 18, 2005 at 5:25 AM Post #19 of 35
Check out this trailer by clicking the "Official Trailer 2" looks pretty promising

Aug 18, 2005 at 7:08 AM Post #20 of 35
Prices will always drop, the most infuriating part of all of this, is that Microsoft is going to create multiple standards, rather than a SINGLE one to program for.

So either the developers will try to program for all the standards, or (most likely) develop for the lowest common denominator.

So either the XBucks 360 is going to be hobbled because of a lack of HDD support, or it degenerates to the horrid "patch it later" syndrome plaguing PC games now.

If it ends up being a "patch it later" situation, I will end up playing PC games more.

Hmmm. That's what I'm doing right now.
rolleyes.gif

-Ed

Aug 18, 2005 at 9:00 AM Post #21 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Prices will always drop, the most infuriating part of all of this, is that Microsoft is going to create multiple standards, rather than a SINGLE one to program for.

So either the developers will try to program for all the standards, or (most likely) develop for the lowest common denominator.

So either the XBucks 360 is going to be hobbled because of a lack of HDD support, or it degenerates to the horrid "patch it later" syndrome plaguing PC games now.

If it ends up being a "patch it later" situation, I will end up playing PC games more.

Hmmm. That's what I'm doing right now.
rolleyes.gif

-Ed

Lol, it's Microsoft, what do you expect?

I'm a Microsoft investor, but I really don't believe in Microsoft as a legitimate company (i.e. innovating new products and selling them at reasonable prices).

Decisions like these make me want to bail on this company. After the two for one split, I've made all the money I'm going to make on M$.

-Matt

Aug 18, 2005 at 3:05 PM Post #22 of 35
Although I have my gripes about the system I don't think we will find much relief in waiting for the PS3. It may be arguably better or have more bells and whistles but I have a feeling the price will be the same as the higher version of the box if not more.

Any thoughts?

I have a B-day in April so that should be enough time for the release to cool off and a few solid titles to roll out and maybe I can score some Game Stop gift cards or something to lessen the blow.

Aug 18, 2005 at 3:17 PM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
Although I have my gripes about the system I don't think we will find much relief in waiting for the PS3. It may be arguably better or have more bells and whistles but I have a feeling the price will be the same as the higher version of the box if not more.

Any thoughts?

I don't know if this price is official or not: PS3 on Amazon

Aug 18, 2005 at 3:36 PM Post #24 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by mightyacorn
I don't know if this price is official or not: PS3 on Amazon

It doesn't look like you can even pre-order yet and given how close to release Xbox finalized pricing I doubt it's in stone but we can hope!

Aug 23, 2005 at 6:45 PM Post #25 of 35
According to all the press, this is what you get for the 399 price:
20 GB Hard Drive (allows backwards compatibility)
Wireless Controller (as opposed to wired with base unit)
Wireless Headset
Component HD-AV Cable (as opposed to composit with base unit)
Xbox Live Silver membership (comes with base unit too)
Media Remote

I don't mind, I would have bought the wireless controller and component cables seperately anyway. The way they've setup the two units it doesn't make sense to buy the base unit anyway. The only people that will buy it are the uniformed christmas shopping parents. I think it's pretty dumb that the hard drive does not come standard though, however most developers didn't use it for more than a memory card anyway on the original xbox. If it were my decision I would have taken out a few of the extras in the 399 unit and sold it for $349 and not offered a $299 version.

Aug 24, 2005 at 10:12 PM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9
6 posts to go Edwood, you might as well spend them doing something important like debating videogames
very_evil_smiley.gif

LOL! It's like every thread Edwood has been posting in for a while now is turning into being about his post count!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back