M-Audio Revolution Canadian retailers?
Feb 22, 2003 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Mik

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know a Canadian retailer (online or not) that sells the M-Audio Revolution 7.1 soundcard?

Feb 22, 2003 at 11:41 PM Post #4 of 15
I have bought from Kelly's before and they have been around for a while. No worries.
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

Feb 23, 2003 at 1:20 AM Post #5 of 15
I have actually emailed M-Audio Canada and received info that had kellys music on their shortlist. There is a store in Vancouver that should be selling them retail, but for online they quoted only kellys music. However I was unable to find any kind of price list on their site - only guitar amps and such. Could someone please post the link directly to the revolution card? I'll still try to pick it in the local store if they have it.

Feb 23, 2003 at 1:47 AM Post #6 of 15
Feb 24, 2003 at 6:01 AM Post #7 of 15
Thanks, just ordered it from kellys music. Price is right and shipping methods are right too. I want to use this card as a cheap spectrum analyzer - Audigy does that too but mine cannot record at 24 bit 96kHz.

Feb 25, 2003 at 6:01 PM Post #8 of 15
Holy smokes was that fast! I ordered Sunday evening, they shipped yesterday and I received the card this morning! If I knew M-Audio stuff is so easy to get in Canada over the last two years I would've spent... on the second thought, good that I didn't know
smily_headphones1.gif
. Anyhow, if you chose Xpresspost, you're going to get your stuff real fast. They ship from Manitoba.

Feb 25, 2003 at 7:57 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Holy smokes was that fast! I ordered Sunday evening, they shipped yesterday and I received the card this morning! If I knew M-Audio stuff is so easy to get in Canada over the last two years I would've spent... on the second thought, good that I didn't know . Anyhow, if you chose Xpresspost, you're going to get your stuff real fast. They ship from Manitoba.

WUT A COINCIDENCE! I order mine on Sunday evening as well!

By the way, was it Xpresspost or just regular ground? I asked them to ship by Xpress Port. I think it should be here any minute.
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2003 at 9:54 PM Post #11 of 15
Xpresspost. It turned out to be in effect overnight shipping, at least from Manitoba to BC. Probably 2 days to the rest of the country (they quote 2-3). Absolutely no point in getting courier shipping.

I only hope they had enough cards to send to us all
smily_headphones1.gif
. I received email confirmation of order as well as tracking number for shipping.

Feb 25, 2003 at 10:06 PM Post #12 of 15
This soundcard kicks ass.

Feb 25, 2003 at 10:55 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Xpresspost. It turned out to be in effect overnight shipping, at least from Manitoba to BC. Probably 2 days to the rest of the country (they quote 2-3). Absolutely no point in getting courier shipping.

I checked the shipping status 2 hours ago and it said the card was already in Richmond, BC at 6:38 AM.

Feb 26, 2003 at 5:20 AM Post #15 of 15
Well, I bought the card to do recording and spectrum analysis. I just fired up the software spectrum analyzer and I got noise floor at -130dB, as compared to -110dB for Audigy. That would imply that revolution's recording quality is quite a bit better than Audigy's. Quite a big bit better, and it's 96kHz too. Furthermore, below 150Hz noise with Audigy rises a lot - from -110dB to -80dB at 20Hz while Revolution is flat at -130dB even below audible range. Can't comment on playback quality, that requires a lot of listening tests, but that's not why I got the card for anyway. So far it's coexisting with Audigy without crashes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back