M-Audio Q40 Questions
Sep 25, 2014 at 3:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bassplz

Head-Fier
I just got these headphones and I have a few questions.

- Do they benefit much from burn in? If so, should I be using pink noise and for how many hours?

- The cable is too long and I would also like a 3-button cable (volume control, play/pause, next/previous) that's compatible with my iPhone. Any suggestions?

- How much would these headphones benefit from the DT770 velour pads? They are decently comfortable as is, but is it worth the upgrade?

Thanks.

Sep 25, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #2 of 7
I just got these headphones and I have a few questions.

- Do they benefit much from burn in? If so, should I be using pink noise and for how many hours?

- The cable is too long and I would also like a 3-button cable (volume control, play/pause, next/previous) that's compatible with my iPhone. Any suggestions?

- How much would these headphones benefit from the DT770 velour pads? They are decently comfortable as is, but is it worth the upgrade?

Thanks.

I like the v-moda cable and the Brainwavz HM-5 thick pads. The latter are cheaper than the Beyers.

Sep 29, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #7 of 7
I don't recall any burn in required with these.
I replaced the cable with a three foot one but no mic, sorry. It was just a short interconnect.
the velour pads I used were from hifiman 400s. Very worthwhile, comfort and sound. Low cost as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back