M-Audio HDH50 - the successor to the popular Q40
Oct 4, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #93 of 112
  Thanks. So I imagine aluminum foil would work for a lining or does it have to be tape?

Foil no as it is too thin and will vibrate and that would be horrific
biggrin.gif
I think just the vent mod will give you some sub-bass you need

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #94 of 112
Hi, can anyone compare M-Audio HDH50 with other headphones like AIAIA TMA-1 or NAD HP50 or B&O H6 etc. I want to know if its brighter or warmer than other headphones

I have M-Audio AV40 speakers and I really love it , even more than Marantz+KEF speakers which I had. Period. But I'm not sure if I can expect similar sound quality and signature with these headphones

Dec 11, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #95 of 112
Hello visanj,

I can compare them to a number of headphones, including the B&O H6's. Can you list some popular/well-known headphones that you've listened to, and I can see which ones I've listen to as well, so then I can provide you with comparisons?

Mar 18, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #96 of 112
Anyone know of a replacement cable. The one that comes standard is WAAAAAAAAAAY too sensitive. The original post mentioned the V-Moda cable, but the v-moda cable I looked at online doesn't look like it has the 2 tabs that are used to "lock" the cable into the unit. 

Mar 18, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #97 of 112
Any replacement cables will lack the locking tabs, is what should have been mentioned.

May 23, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #98 of 112
Does anyone know where I can get replacement pads for the HDH50's? (or aftermarket pads that will fit, give the same nice pillowy feeling and not change the signature too much).My pads have seen better days, so I had a look at the M-Audio site, but there don't seem to be any replacement pads listed on there. 

May 23, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #99 of 112
Try calling M-Audio, Denon, or Akai; otherwise, good luck.

Jun 6, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #101 of 112
  how do these compare to the q40,s?

Everyone will prefer one or the other but I much preferred the Q40.  Had them both side by side for a while and the HDH50 was sold within a month.  Just not the same quality bass as I heard from the Q40. 

Jun 6, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #102 of 112

Everyone will prefer one or the other but I much preferred the Q40.  Had them both side by side for a while and the HDH50 was sold within a month.  Just not the same quality bass as I heard from the Q40. 

thanks for the help, i was also briefly considering the JVC Victor HA-SZ2000, BUT im suspectfull these dont have just full bass, i suspect they have car subwoofer rattling bass, and i dont want that type of bass

Jul 24, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #103 of 112
  Hello visanj,

I can compare them to a number of headphones, including the B&O H6's. Can you list some popular/well-known headphones that you've listened to, and I can see which ones I've listen to as well, so then I can provide you with comparisons?

How do they compare to the B&O H6s? I have those but I'm not a huge fan of their sound, which is pretty thin in the lower mids. I'm looking for a neutral to neutral-warm (i.e. non-fatiguing) closed back headphone for work. I've also tried the Sony v6 and ATH M50s and don't like either of those (too bright, too V-shaped respectively).

I'd really like something that's tonally similar to the AKG k7xx, with maybe a bit less treble.

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #104 of 112

How do they compare to the B&O H6s? I have those but I'm not a huge fan of their sound, which is pretty thin in the lower mids. I'm looking for a neutral to neutral-warm (i.e. non-fatiguing) closed back headphone for work. I've also tried the Sony v6 and ATH M50s and don't like either of those (too bright, too V-shaped respectively).

I'd really like something that's tonally similar to the AKG k7xx, with maybe a bit less treble.

HDH50 is the way to go.  It has none of the strong treble peaks of V6 and M50.  It is indeed like K7XX, but without the peaks, so you'll find the treble more tame.  It is, however, much lower resolution than the AKG, but much higher ambient isolation, more than V6 and M50 as well.

Jul 25, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #105 of 112

HDH50 is the way to go.  It has none of the strong treble peaks of V6 and M50.  It is indeed like K7XX, but without the peaks, so you'll find the treble more tame.  It is, however, much lower resolution than the AKG, but much higher ambient isolation, more than V6 and M50 as well.

That sounds like exactly what I'm looking for, I'll have to give them a listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back