M-Audio HDH50 - the successor to the popular Q40
May 18, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #77 of 112
  Interesting just this year a Denon HP2000 headphone is being introduced with the same 12Hz-24kHz 50mm driver capability... and a rebranded M-Audio headphone body.  I'm surprised these headphones have seen little action with Akai and M-Audio from the community.  Maybe Denon can have a go at making it work.

http://www.djbooth.net/index/dj-equipment/entry/namm-2015-denon-hp2000-headphones

3 versions of the same can...damn. I missed clicking that link last time

May 19, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #79 of 112
Same here.

May 19, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #80 of 112
Does anyone know the size of the ear pads?  Inner diameter (or height) and depth are what I'm interested in.

Oct 3, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #87 of 112
  You have to cut those left and right holes or are they already there below that fabric ring or whatever and you just cut to expose them? I don't get where you put the foil.

very carefully ..yes. The aluminum mod is not needed as the venting mod will increase sub-bass. Also cover the hole in the middle of the magnet backing. so open 2 and cover one

Oct 3, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #89 of 112
  Did you drill them? I know it's fabric, I wonder if poking it with a sharp object will yield symmetrical holes. I wonder what it'd sound like with all that fabric removed?

I used a small very very small pick and gently dug out two holes. with all the holes the bass will flutter and you will have horrible sound. Too much air makes minute instabilities in the diaphragm that are very audible. More than 2 opened and the pole covered will make it muddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back