M-Audio Full sized Studio Headphones announced @ Namm14
Jan 22, 2014 at 2:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

durkk

Head-Fier

So it seems like there's another pro, all be it, entry level, audio brand doing cans. Focals studio headphones have been getting good reviews, and I am keen to see the graphs on both the focal's and the M-audio's.

Here's the press release:
HDH50 Highlights: 
• Studio-grade quality, tuning, and frequency response 
• High definition 50mm neodymium drivers provide revealing audio detail 
• Robust gunmetal aluminum and steel construction 
• Around-the-ear, closed-back design prevents sound from leaking in or out 

“At this show, we are introducing two superb monitoring systems, the M3-6 monitors and 
HDH50 headphones” said JC Sutherland, Product Manager at M-Audio. “The efficient three-way 
design of the M3-6 improves clarity, offers enhanced imaging, and minimizes distortion, and 
does so at an unprecedented value. With the HDH50 headphones, we have created a precision  
Page 2 of 2
monitoring system that provides isolation from the environment, plus long-term comfort for 
extended studio sessions.” 

M3-6 monitors are sold individually, with an estimated street price of $249.99 USD/ 
£199.99/€249.99. HDH50
headphones are available with an estimated street price of $199.99 
USD/ €179.99/ £149.99. 

M-Audio will unveil both products in Hall A, Booth 6700, at the 2014 NAMM Show, January 23-
26 in Anaheim, California. For more information, visit: www.m-audio.com/wnamm2014 

Jan 22, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #2 of 29
Those look awesome to me.  I'll bite...I love the Q40s and my desktop speakers, so...yeah.  Hopefully they drop soon.  $200 is a nice price point assuming they perform.

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #5 of 29
Subbed and the big question - who has them on the way?

Mar 19, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #8 of 29
Anyone noticed these are rebadged AKAI headphones? Probably differences in sound, but since AKAI and M-Audio are both owned by InSound, its understandable why they did this.

BTW these are the older model, AKAI has come out with an updated design.

Mar 19, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #9 of 29
  Anyone noticed these are rebadged AKAI headphones? Probably differences in sound, but since AKAI and M-Audio are both owned by InSound, its understandable why they did this.

... You sir just derailed my hype train... my interest in these has dropped...

still interested, if M Audio can do to those headphones what Dan did to the T50RP we might b in for a treat

Mar 19, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #11 of 29

... You sir just derailed my hype train... my interest in these has dropped...

still interested, if M Audio can do to those headphones what Dan did to the T50RP we might b in for a treat

Hawaiibadboy has the Akai version in Japan and says it is not a classic basshead phone..................I hope the M-Audio version we get our hands on IS a thumper. 

Still don't know when it will be available in the US.  Anyone? 

Mar 20, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #13 of 29
popcorn.gif

Edit:

Actually, the second pic is a different can:
link1
and
link2
respectively.

Mar 20, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #14 of 29

popcorn.gif

Edit:

Actually, the second pic is a different can:
link1
and
link2
respectively.

No offense but I just posted several pics of the one and only new Akai. ...I own it...it's mine....why do folks keep posting pics of discontinued cans 
blink.gif

M-Audio is a re brand of this. It's studio. It's build quality is outstanding. It's like art in hand. It has a response close to flat...cuz it's studio. These are not basshead cans. The words "High Definition Audio" stamped on the cup of the M-Audio is exactly what Akai gave me. I LOVE them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back