M-Audio Audiophilie USB & ASIO
Apr 13, 2004 at 5:15 AM Post #17 of 28
unfortunate. have you tried winamp? just trying to rule out the software.

running the latest driver?

Apr 13, 2004 at 6:52 AM Post #18 of 28
It's supposed to be the latest driver, I've tried uninstalling re-installing several times and it continues to show a driver number other than the one that the download says it is. There are multiple drivers packed into one though so that might be the number conflict, I'm not sure but I have an e-mail into M-Audio's tech support regaurding that.

I'd like to try winamp but I'm having trouble finding the SSRC and ASIO plug-in's. I did a google search but the links I found were broken and/or in another language.

Apr 13, 2004 at 8:21 AM Post #22 of 28
Okay, that worked... well sorta... I got the download and unzipped it to the winamp plug-in folder but there's no dll file... GRRRRRRRR!!!!! This is getting annoying... nothing wants to work for me tonight!

Apr 13, 2004 at 4:18 PM Post #23 of 28
In the zip file there is a directory "bin" with different DLL compiles which use different CPU feature sets. I noticed he changed this where before he used to have different ZIPs for different compiles. Just move the DLL you need to your plugins folder.

Apr 13, 2004 at 6:00 PM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by lan
In the zip file there is a directory "bin" with different DLL compiles which use different CPU feature sets. I noticed he changed this where before he used to have different ZIPs for different compiles. Just move the DLL you need to your plugins folder.

Thanks, I'll have a look when I get home this evening.

May 22, 2004 at 5:12 PM Post #26 of 28
Jasper,

Did you ever get this problem resolved? I bought an Audiohile 24/96 recently and I'm experiencing a similar problem. Actually I can't get the card to play music at all with ASIO unless I use 24 bit padded to 32 bit decoding but the card will play music with ASIO. it will play music as long as I don't touch anything--as long as I boot up Foobar and select a song to play and then just leave the programing playing without trying to select another song it will work just fine. But once I try to select a different song (or even stop the one I'm currently) playing Foobar will freeze up and will not do anything for about 20 seconds. After the 20 seconds have past it wil begin playing the new song. Talk about annoying.

So the question is; has anyone been able to use ASIO successfully with an Audiophile card (or other cards of the M-Aduio Delta family)?

May 22, 2004 at 5:15 PM Post #27 of 28
I think he bought them EMU and forgot all about the APUSB's ASIO issues
biggrin.gif

May 22, 2004 at 8:27 PM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrickhat2001
Jasper,

Did you ever get this problem resolved? I bought an Audiohile 24/96 recently and I'm experiencing a similar problem. Actually I can't get the card to play music at all with ASIO unless I use 24 bit padded to 32 bit decoding but the card will play music with ASIO. it will play music as long as I don't touch anything--as long as I boot up Foobar and select a song to play and then just leave the programing playing without trying to select another song it will work just fine. But once I try to select a different song (or even stop the one I'm currently) playing Foobar will freeze up and will not do anything for about 20 seconds. After the 20 seconds have past it wil begin playing the new song. Talk about annoying.

So the question is; has anyone been able to use ASIO successfully with an Audiophile card (or other cards of the M-Aduio Delta family)?

Yes, I was able to get the Audiophile to work with ASIO, just not at 24/96. I'm using it right now at work with 24/44.1 ASIO. I don't have those issues you're talking about at all.

BTW, if you are using upsampling with lossless compression, it does take a second for a track to load up. I'm not sure why you are having freezing problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back