M³ amplifier build discussions thread
Jun 4, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #542 of 828
Pick up your phone and dial 201-955-0800.
Then slowly tell the nice lady on the other end of the line that you would like to order one part # 20-12082M.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 4, 2005 at 10:13 PM Post #544 of 828
I don't think MisterX was trying to be a wise guy, I think he was referring to the fact that ParMetals isn't exactly known for a. getting right the first time or b. anything resembling customer service.

Good luck,

Nate

Jun 4, 2005 at 11:20 PM Post #546 of 828
Oh, yeah, I understood exactly what Mr. X meant. I've read thru the group buy thread and knew where he was coming from. Sorry if I came across a little 'wise' myself. When I used to teach 7th graders, if they weren't doing real well at listening to directions, I would ..speak..real..slow. It would drive them nuts, so the next time it happened, and I said "Do I have to speak in all capital letters", they knew what was coming and perked right up. Sometimes yah' gotta fight fire with fire!!
tongue.gif

Jun 5, 2005 at 8:23 PM Post #553 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by steel
How hot is your MOSFET's heat sink?
Mine is very HOT!

They can get quite hot depending on how high you set the bias and how well the case is ventilated. If you can put your finger on the top of the heat sink for more than a few seconds then chances are it's ok.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 9, 2005 at 7:36 PM Post #554 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterX
Pick up your phone and dial 201-955-0800.
Then slowly tell the nice lady on the other end of the line that you would like to order one part # 20-12082M.
smily_headphones1.gif

I called today and the 20-06082M is $75.00 each (without the front panel). I sure like those Group Buys!

Jun 14, 2005 at 3:53 PM Post #555 of 828
I've been considering a one box amplification solution using the M3 as both a headphone amp and as a pre-amp to a gainclone. I was also thinking about building as the higher voltage design to get 6 hi-quality class-A watts. So in one box I would be able to switch between dedicated headphone amp/6-watt class A and a gainclone with signal fed through M3 first.
Are there any downsides or other considerations I should be thinking about? Should I just build in separate boxes with separate power supplies and connect externally?
Thanks for any input.

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back