LZ A7 Poll

What are your favorite tunings? (Limit 2, please choose one Pop and one Monitor)

• Silver Monitor

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Blue Monitor

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Black Monitor

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Gold Monitor

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Red Monitor

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Silver Pop

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Blue Pop

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Black Pop

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Gold Pop

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Red Pop

Votes: 13 29.5%

• Total voters
Nov 23, 2020 at 12:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

IEMusic

Headphoneus Supremus
Here is a poll to vote for your favorite tunings for the wonderfully versatile LZ A7?

You may change your votes. It may not be easy to pick only one of each, but choose your favorite overall.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020 at 1:00 AM Post #2 of 18
Thanks for the poll, I've voted, but I would say the favourite filter for me depends on my mood and current music genre that is playing. They bring different things to the table, so it is not a one size fits all. But I would say probably the Black - MONITOR setting is my favourite.

FWIW, I suspect hearing health and pinna gain (ear anatomy) may play a big part among the different tuning filters used. Eg those that are more treble sensitive or perhaps younger folks who have better higher frequency hearing will not like the silver/blue filters. Volume played at (Fletcher Munson curve) may also influence our perception of the treble frequencies too, which is another can of worms since everyone is playing their gear at different volumes, not to mention different tips and sources +/- cables, all of which affect treble perception.

Maybe we might wanna add an additional poll option for 3rd party filters? eg BGVP, NiceHCK M6, LZ A6 mini, LZ A6, Semkarch SKC CNT1 filters all fit the LZ A7 and can bring even more mindboggling tuning options!

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020 at 1:10 AM Post #3 of 18
Thanks for the poll, I've voted, but I would say the favourite filter for me depends on my mood and current music genre that is playing. They bring different things to the table, so it is not a one size fits all.

Maybe we might wanna add an additional poll option for 3rd party filters? eg BGVP, NiceHCK M6, LZ A6 mini, LZ A6, Semkarch SKC CNT1 filter all fit the LZ A7 and can bring even more mindboggling tuning options!
That’s why it is difficult to pick just one of each, but just like with multiple choice tests, choose the ONE BEST answer...for you.

Unfortunately, I am unable to edit the possible responses.

Nov 23, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #5 of 18
Nov 23, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #6 of 18
Maybe we might wanna add an additional poll option for 3rd party filters? eg BGVP, NiceHCK M6, LZ A6 mini, LZ A6, Semkarch SKC CNT1 filters all fit the LZ A7 and can bring even more mindboggling tuning options!
I think people should just talk about other options in the regular discussion. Otherwise the poll would become pretty much impossible to administer.

Dec 1, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #7 of 18
Great, infact there's 70 combinations if you must include the dac filters😆

Dec 6, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #8 of 18
I changed one of my votes to BLUE POP, but the caveat is that I’m using a Tanchjim filter on it. I‘m waiting on the arrival of some Moondrop filters, and hope they fit well.

Dec 6, 2020 at 7:20 PM Post #9 of 18
I changed one of my votes to BLUE POP, but the caveat is that I’m using a Tanchjim filter on it. I‘m waiting on the arrival of some Moondrop filters, and hope they fit well.
Would you described the characteristics changes in your book?😊

Dec 6, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #11 of 18
This graph from @tgx78 best depicts the sonic changes. Using the Tanchjim filter, just like using micropore tape, tames the upper midrange, while leaving the treble relatively untouched. The filter is just a more elegant solution compared to MP tape. I’m using the modded blue nozzle instead of the silver nozzle b/c I like the unmodified silver nozzle in monitor mode, but didn’t like the unmodified blue nozzle nearly as much.

B7B919B7-B305-41E7-B297-2D54101B8690.jpeg

I don’t have a Tanchjim IEM, but someone kindly gave me a pair.

Dec 6, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #12 of 18
This graph from @tgx78 best depicts the sonic changes. Using the Tanchjim filter, just like using micropore tape, tames the upper midrange, while leaving the treble relatively untouched. The filter is just a more elegant solution compared to MP tape. I’m using the modded blue nozzle instead of the silver nozzle b/c I like the unmodified silver nozzle in monitor mode, but didn’t like the unmodified blue nozzle nearly as much.

B7B919B7-B305-41E7-B297-2D54101B8690.jpeg

I don’t have a Tanchjim IEM, but someone kindly gave me a pair.
Thanks for sharing👍

Feb 9, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #15 of 18
Red filters give me the most non-fatiguing listening experience. Black pop is good for classical music.
Red definitely are non-fatiguing! I find the red to be a bit bland, though, but the black is a bit too bright. The Gold are so far my sweet spot...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back