LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 17, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #5,071 of 5,225
Apr 17, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #5,072 of 5,225
Got this today , any good filter combination to try out ?

Hello. Welcome to the amazing LZ-A4 thread. I recommend the black n black since it is the default. Then after you decide, to your liking if you want:

- increase bass by switching to the red rear filter; decrease by choosing the blue black filter

- change the mids and highs (ratio) by selecting the other available front filter.

There's no "bad" combo; more like different opinions since we hear/ like different things and we most likely have different rigs.

Let us know how it goes. The rest of the A4 owners have a miserable time upgrading because these were really good. Just kidding. Actually these are still pretty good!

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #5,073 of 5,225
For sure I'm going to say some foolishness, but I'm black/black for quite time now and for sure it's a very good combination for most of the genres, but I found that, changing a filter (back or front), affects the entire signature and not only some frequencies. E. G. highs give more clarity and texture to bass, cello... But turn them less boomy and "impactful?". With this combination, I rediscovered the first album of Diablo Swing Orchestra, and it works great at low volumes too, due to the amazing highs but, when I change to bands more on the hard rock side, I definitely prefer to change the front or both filters (especially if they use lots of loud cymbals).

Apr 17, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #5,074 of 5,225
I pretty much found black/gray (Batman combo) worked best for me and haven't really switched filters since. Also, spiral dot tips are a must with the A4 as far as I'm concerned.

Apr 17, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #5,075 of 5,225
Hello. Welcome to the amazing LZ-A4 thread. I recommend the black n black since it is the default. Then after you decide, to your liking if you want:

- increase bass by switching to the red rear filter; decrease by choosing the blue black filter

- change the mids and highs (ratio) by selecting the other available front filter.

There's no "bad" combo; more like different opinions since we hear/ like different things and we most likely have different rigs.

Let us know how it goes. The rest of the A4 owners have a miserable time upgrading because these were really good. Just kidding. Actually these are still pretty good!
Good post. Thank you!

Apr 17, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #5,077 of 5,225

For sure I'm going to say some foolishness, but I'm black/black for quite time now and for sure it's a very good combination for most of the genres, but I found that, changing a filter (back or front), affects the entire signature and not only some frequencies. E. G. highs give more clarity and texture to bass, cello... But turn them less boomy and "impactful?". With this combination, I rediscovered the first album of Diablo Swing Orchestra, and it works great at low volumes too, due to the amazing highs but, when I change to bands more on the hard rock side, I definitely prefer to change the front or both filters (especially if they use lots of loud cymbals).

Thanks very much guys for your suggestion for now I'm going to stick with Black-blue , they seem work out for my taste

Apr 18, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #5,079 of 5,225
I believe I'm the odd one out. I use blue / red. I just feel that the midrange is too removed with the lesser treble filter choices and I will admit that I like my bass north of neutral.

There's plenty of good suggestions in the thread and reviews for certain configurations. If you want to avoid recession in mids, you simply had to look at the other filters. Red, pink or grey are a good place to start. Tip roll too see if that helps.

Apr 24, 2018 at 7:28 AM Post #5,083 of 5,225
i was so shocked when i heard slightly louder bass. then i compare it with my wire, oh my gosh its like comparing cd music and some stranger uploaded youtube music.

Could be an impedance issue. My best guess.

Apr 25, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #5,084 of 5,225
My left channel volume has dropped significantly. I had this problem before and changed cables. It's happening again.. unfortunately I think that's it for me.

Edit: It's not the left channel but the left IEM itself. I swapped channels for the detachable cable and it was the same result. :frowning2: Game over.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #5,085 of 5,225
My left channel volume has dropped significantly. I had this problem before and changed cables. It's happening again.. unfortunately I think that's it for me.

Have you tried changing both filters?

EDIT: If filter change doesn't solve it, try to leave the monitor in a dry place or with some rice. It can be due to moisture too (cable issue would be a bit strange, because usually it is more related to sound coming and going)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back