LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 7, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #4,216 of 5,225
[QUOTE="kyuuketsuki, post: 13473841, ing the sound?[/QUOTE]
The front vent block mod effects on the whole sound signature , with this mod the A4 becomes a more smoother sounding iem, mids feels more energetic and the height of soundstage improve noticeably , i am using this mod from the last 4 months and it's seems i can't go back to the open vented A4,,,,
Give it a try and am sure you also will like this ,,,,

May 7, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #4,219 of 5,225
Big Dipper is up on TaoBao

^Link (which doesn't look different to normal text on my computer at work)

I wonder if there's any point in asking for the loan of a review pair.....

May 8, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #4,220 of 5,225
Mind sharing where you got that cable from? While I like my litz cable from impact audio, I'm looking for something with an L connector as the straight connector is placing a lot of stress on my DAP's 2.5mm port

I've provided a link to Lindsay, for a metal right-angle 2.5mm TRRS plug, which is available in small quantities (rather than requiring large wholesale orders), and he said he's going to order some to try. You might check back with him, to see if the connectors have arrived, and whether he might modify your cable.

May 9, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #4,221 of 5,225
Does anyone happen to know which size Comply Isolation fits the LZ-A4s? The 600s are a bit loose and tend to fall off (in my ear, on the floor etc) Thanks!

May 9, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #4,222 of 5,225
Does anyone happen to know which size Comply Isolation fits the LZ-A4s? The 600s are a bit loose and tend to fall off (in my ear, on the floor etc) Thanks!

400's working for me...

May 10, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #4,225 of 5,225
May 10, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #4,226 of 5,225
Any better iems than these in your opinions, priced at 300-500? Looking for a new pair and I feel like there may be others besting these atm.

better is very subjective. it really depends on what you're seeking. I currently have the FAD f4100 for review, and I'm itching to listen back to the LZ-A4 after I get a spare black filter (lost mine :frowning2: ), though I will say that for the price you pay, this holds solid ground in terms of enjoyment and value! :)

Last edited:
May 10, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #4,228 of 5,225
[QUOTE="kyuuketsuki, post: 13473841, ing the sound?
The front vent block mod effects on the whole sound signature , with this mod the A4 becomes a more smoother sounding iem, mids feels more energetic and the height of soundstage improve noticeably , i am using this mod from the last 4 months and it's seems i can't go back to the open vented A4,,,,
Give it a try and am sure you also will like this ,,,,[/QUOTE]

Is there a post # , I can search for that explains this "vent mod"? Also does it work off the back vent, or are folks modding the filter that inserts into your ear? The terminology is throwing me off, bare with me, for asking.

May 10, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #4,229 of 5,225
Basically we are talking about the front bass vent. If you look at the IEM from the MMCX connector you'll see a small hole where the IEM housing slopes up to the nozzle. That is the front bass vent. The question I asked was how it affected the sound because in Ahmad's pictures he clearly has it covered, which I know is a common mod. If you want I can post pictures of mine, I don't know if there is any specific post in the thread that talks about it specifically. I do want to try it out, but I'm probably going to experiment with tape types. I tended to always favor fabric medical tape when doing those mods because it comes off easier and doesn't fully block airflow, but stifles it enough to get the desired effect (I'm a big believer in airflow). However those were all with closed back, so I might be able to get a thicker or less permeable tape because of the open/semiopen back design of the LZ A4s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back