LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 3, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #2,386 of 5,225
Dunu titan 3! Think of my grey/blue combo. Even for male/female. Add sweetness to the female upper harmonics. Strong and brighter texture and strong energy in the mids. Listening to live bands, the snares have a nice lively snap to them. Acoustic hand percussions are emphasized vs kick drums. Bass on titan 3 is a lot more linear, perhaps even as well. Though bass sits behind mids here, the subbass is nicely done even if subdued. Highs I felt could use more emphasis, and I hear more ambient echo (past 10kHz) versus lower treble. Stage isn't wide. The resolution is colder a bit but very very impressive even for the price. That. Is. All. Lol

Edit: timbre in the mids is really really good...too bad they could even destroy a lot, but got scared in not supporting the rest of the frequencies. This would be the end game if addressed properly in the future.

Funny, I was looking at the FLC 8s and the Titan 3&5s before I got my Pinnacle P1s.  Came back full circle.  Going to have to do some research.

This is the worst hobby, I swear.  Happy w/ what I have yet I still want more.  lol

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #2,387 of 5,225
For those who are chinese literate and living in places where you can buy stuffs from chinese taobao, they are cheaper priced at 185usd.

https://world.taobao.com/item/542137431833.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.VjVC2K#detail

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #2,389 of 5,225
Funny, I was looking at the FLC 8s and the Titan 3&5s before I got my Pinnacle P1s.  Came back full circle.  Going to have to do some research.

This is the worst hobby, I swear.  Happy w/ what I have yet I still want more.  lol

There's some really good value stuff out there. I considered both titans before I read about the A4...just glad I pulled the trigger on the A4. I might just hold off and buy a Zen 2.0 and call it a day.

Hm. Then some peeps tell me to buy the campfred buds. Grr. Sigh.

Off the bat, the A4 is a seductive (and fun listen) compared to my fx750. Might take them out real quick and see how they fare.

Feb 4, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #2,390 of 5,225
There's some really good value stuff out there. I considered both titans before I read about the A4...just glad I pulled the trigger on the A4. I might just hold off and buy a Zen 2.0 and call it a day.

Off the bat, the A4 is a seductive (and fun listen) compared to my fx750. Might take them out real quick and see how they fare.

I've read good things about the Zen 2.0.  I need to try the Monk+, still waiting for it to arrive.  I was curious about the CA Orions since they're supposed to be mid focused.  I have it narrowed down to MDR 7550, CA Orion and FLC 8s.  None of them will likely replace my A4 for daily driver use though.  

I let a co-worker test these A4.  I thought he'd hate them since he's a basshead but he actually thought red/black had sufficient impact without messing up the rest of the sound.  I showed him my EQ and amp settings and surprised both of us with it.  It's pretty amazing how hard you can drive these and how much you can pump the bass without distorting the sound.

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #2,393 of 5,225
Hi!

I want to order foam tips for these earphones. (I'm still waiting for them to arrive) What inner diameter should I choose? These are the options offered on Ali:
T100 Inner diameter 3 MM,         
T200 Inner diameter 4.1 MM,   
T400/T500 Inner diameter 4.9 MM

Feb 4, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #2,394 of 5,225

I've read good things about the Zen 2.0.  I need to try the Monk+, still waiting for it to arrive.  I was curious about the CA Orions since they're supposed to be mid focused.  I have it narrowed down to MDR 7550, CA Orion and FLC 8s.  None of them will likely replace my A4 for daily driver use though.  

I let a co-worker test these A4.  I thought he'd hate them since he's a basshead but he actually thought red/black had sufficient impact without messing up the rest of the sound.  I showed him my EQ and amp settings and surprised both of us with it.  It's pretty amazing how hard you can drive these and how much you can pump the bass without distorting the sound.

I'll make you guys a good deal on a Zen 2.0 if you want. I bought a pair and love the sound, but I cannot get them to fit :frowning2: PM me if you want.

-Collin-

Feb 4, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #2,395 of 5,225
Also for you folks that like mids, check out the thread I started a while back about the Simgot EN700. For like $80 they were a great, mid-forward sound. Nice complement to the A4.

-Collin-

Feb 4, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #2,396 of 5,225
  Hi!

I want to order foam tips for these earphones. (I'm still waiting for them to arrive) What inner diameter should I choose? These are the options offered on Ali:
T100 Inner diameter 3 MM,         
T200 Inner diameter 4.1 MM,   
T400/T500 Inner diameter 4.9 MM

cool.gif
400/500.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Feb 4, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #2,397 of 5,225
:cool: 400/500.

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

I was going to suggest the same. I think with foam tip you esp. want as wide inner diameter as possible to keep the spatial soundstage

I believe a wide bore is real nice with A4. You might to consider Spiral dots, they are well liked with the A4 as well.

Just note TwinACstacks is more knowledgeable than I. You can trust him 100%!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back