LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 11, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #527 of 5,225
Listening to Alexis Cole - Dazzling Blue on the A4 trough the balanced connection on the Opus #1 right now and this is doubtlessly the best out of the head sound I've ever heard from a pair of IEMs. Sounds are popping up all around my head in multiple layers, truly amazing. I'm just smiling like a fool LOL........

Dec 11, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #529 of 5,225
Listening to Alexis Cole - Dazzling Blue on the A4 trough the balanced connection on the Opus #1 right now and this is doubtlessly the best out of the head sound I've ever heard from a pair of IEMs. Sounds are popping up all around my head in multiple layers, truly amazing. I'm just smiling like a fool LOL........
Is balanced worth it? What's a good budget cable?

Dec 11, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #530 of 5,225
My credit card didn't play nice with Aliexpress, they essentially told me they won't verify it, I'll try again in a day or two.

So I ordered from the same seller. It's been 2 days and my order has yet to ship. Hope my order doesn't get cancelled as well :s

Dec 11, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #531 of 5,225
So I ordered from the same seller. It's been 2 days and my order has yet to ship. Hope my order doesn't get cancelled as well :s

Aliexpress can be slow as hell if, but if your order is verified you should be fine, but if shipping issue persist talk to the customer service chat, they can be fairly useless but sometimes they can get the ball rolling. Worst case try Penon, got a confirmation on an order that included the PM4, the IT03 & the Flc8, no issues.

Dec 12, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #532 of 5,225

Hmmm it's mean balance out really works ,  before I think it is just a gimmick , , , 

Dec 12, 2016 at 1:46 AM Post #534 of 5,225
Is balanced worth it? What's a good budget cable?

Not necessarily for the Opus #1, yes balanced may be slightly ahead of SE but not by a large margin imo. It also depends on the headphones in usage since the Balanced output has 1Ohm output resistance while the SE has 2Ohm. The balanced output is also more powerful but I can't remember the numbers right now.

As for cables I haven't really found a good budget offering yet. I'm using the FiiO one now and they're cheap but very poor quality cables. They're super stiff and very microphonic, build quality in general does also feel sub part. Many recommend the Fidue cable at $60 but it has memory cable that I personal don't like. Someone really needs to start making good quality balanced cables at affordable prices.

Hmmm it's mean balance out really works ,  before I think it is just a gimmick , , , 

See my answer above. I also believe that a well designed SE output is able to sound as good as a balanced output. This means the difference between balanced and SE output will vary from device to device. As already mentioned the difference on the two outputs on the #1 I'd not that big while it's more noticeable on the Geek Out V2+ and even more so on the Geek Out 2A.

Dec 12, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #537 of 5,225
So can't stop myself to take a ride on A4 train and just ordered for one along with a 8 core pure silver upgrade cable and some Kombi eartips from Trinity, 
Hope this decision never disappoint me. 

Dec 12, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #538 of 5,225
  So can't stop myself to take a ride on A4 train and just ordered for one along with a 8 core pure silver upgrade cable and some Kombi eartips from Trinity, 
Hope this decision never disappoint me. 

Haha, that is awesome! Mine will arrive today and i can't really believe how they could even improve on the A3s which already has superb sound imo. I'm so curios ^.^

EDIT: It would be amazing to get frequency responses from all Filter combinations. Does anyone have experience with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back