LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 1, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #3,842 of 5,225
@peter123 It's interestig that you're cross-testing the filters from the retail version and prototype.
You should let LZ know if you've spotted some great combo.
(I also want to know the results as I also have the prototype with me.
smily_headphones1.gif
)

This is unfair. I had to send my prototype back! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #3,844 of 5,225
But Collin with your collection the prototype would have felt abandoned

Very good point Neal. These days, I am using the dual outputs on my Master-11 and plugging two pairs of IEMs at a time, and selecting the Left and Right independently from each so I can listen to all my IEMs. The separation is insane! 
biggrin.gif

-Collin-

Apr 1, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #3,845 of 5,225
Very good point Neal. These days, I am using the dual outputs on my Master-11 and plugging two pairs of IEMs at a time, and selecting the Left and Right independently from each so I can listen to all my IEMs. The separation is insane! :D

-Collin-

Omg. Collin. I'm dying, I'm laughing so hard!!!

Apr 1, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #3,846 of 5,225
biggrin.gif
I would suggest matching Funnels in each ear. Then you can listen to 8-12 Sets. Thus eliminating the need for 12 Driver TOTL CIEMs.....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Apr 1, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #3,847 of 5,225
:D I would suggest matching Funnels in each ear. Then you can listen to 8-12 Sets. Thus eliminating the need for 12 Driver TOTL CIEMs.....

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

It's obviously April 1st:smirk: u killin me Keith:beer:

Apr 1, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #3,849 of 5,225
I would guess the pink filters from the prototype would be the same as one of the filters from the retail version (probably black)?

I would totally love another filter between black and blue for the bass if that ever becomes available in any colour.

Apr 1, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #3,850 of 5,225
I've got a question about extended listening with the LZ A4 - Have you had any issues with the quantity of Bass dropping off, after listening (not at high volumes) for 16 or 17 hours?

When I got home from work on Friday afternoon, I decided to swap to the Gray nozzles, from the Pink nozzles I've been listening to for around a month.
Then I started up UAPP on my DP-X1, and began streaming ThistleRadio [ http://somafm.com/thistle130.pls ].
Later in the evening, I kicked back in my recliner, and slept for a few hours - with the music still streaming, but not loudly.

This morning after waking up, I switched the earphone cable over to my Micro iDSD, and started an extended YouTube playlist of Owain Phyfe videos on my PC [ https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaDheLY1iiTyzPBs4bhXzv9W6u6aRbXEL ].
Then, at around 13:00 this afternoon, the Bass level in the right earphone suddenly dropped a lot, and the left earphone dropped some.
I removed / re-inserted the earphones, and fiddled with the cable (it's a good Impact Audio cable, with quality Eidolic connectors), and that didn't seem to help much.
Thinking it might be a problem with the audio track, I paused it, and used JRiver MC22 to play a CD that I know has balanced Bass.
There was still a lack of Bass, so I switched over to some other earphones (NiceHCK W1) - and they sound right.

I'll let the LZ A4 sit for a while, and then try them again later.

Apr 1, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #3,851 of 5,225
I would guess the pink filters from the prototype would be the same as one of the filters from the retail version (probably black)?

I would totally love another filter between black and blue for the bass if that ever becomes available in any colour.

Take the Red back, and add a medium amount of dampening material (it looks almost like coffee machine filters...) - until you get the sound you want, between the Black and Blue filters.

Apr 1, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #3,853 of 5,225
I have left them playing overnight and haven't noticed any bass change.

Where would I be able to find such dampening material?

local supermarkets. check the kitchen for coffee filters :p

edit 1: I'm more of a tea person, so yeah +1 tea bag.

Apr 1, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #3,855 of 5,225

What makes you come to that conclusion?

They both look and sound different from the back filters included in the retail version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back