LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 24, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #2,101 of 5,225
Yeah, I was rather insulted at first with the Apple earpod reference. But I worked with her tonight (required in any healthy marriage LOL) and finally got proper tips so that they fit well. She now loves the A2 Pro and admits they sound "way better than the white ones." Mission accomplished. 

-Collin-

Shes playing it well. Now the fit is better and yes they do sound "way" better. You hit a homer run --- if she said way better.
There will be no deep sea swimming or diving for these.
Congrats. She may even now "accept" your audio purchases

Jan 24, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #2,102 of 5,225
Yeah, I was rather insulted at first with the Apple earpod reference. But I worked with her tonight (required in any healthy marriage LOL) and finally got proper tips so that they fit well. She now loves the A2 Pro and admits they sound "way better than the white ones." Mission accomplished. 

-Collin-

Not sure who to give credit to, to you or Mr.LZ, just owning an A4 or A2pro can lead to more fulfilled marriages. Sounds like a good thread/survival guide...maybe we can make money to buy more iems if we're successful enough with the guide!

Jan 25, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #2,103 of 5,225

Who would have thought?

The least loved tend to get along well together (ofcourse I have excluded the pink...for now). Definitely not for the faint of heart bass heads. If someone wanted immersive mids, here you'll get plenty.

Blue(b)/Grey(f): layered mids. Spotlight and detailed. Bass now at the back seat, still supports and is still felt when called upon. Feels rather open even if not wide.

Yea. I've been enjoying my mids on the A4.

Jan 25, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #2,104 of 5,225

Who would have thought?

The least loved tend to get along well together (ofcourse I have excluded the pink...for now). Definitely not for the faint of heart bass heads. If someone wanted immersive mids, here you'll get plenty.

Blue(b)/Grey(f): layered mids. Spotlight and detailed. Bass now at the back seat, still supports and is still felt when called upon. Feels rather open even if not wide.

Yea. I've been enjoying my mids on the A4.

I've been meaning to play with the blue back filter more, but Black/Black is just too damn fun and satisfying.  I need to start splitting up my playlists to test specific filter combos!  

Jan 25, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #2,105 of 5,225
Black/black. Classical sounds so, so good with these. Best sounding iems for classical I have heard yet. Big soundstage, good positioning and strings sound so rich and full and powerful. Very emotional with these guys.

Jan 25, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #2,106 of 5,225
Black/black. Classical sounds so, so good with these. Best sounding iems for classical I have heard yet. Big soundstage, good positioning and strings sound so rich and full and powerful. Very emotional with these guys.

I completely agree.  I have some neoclassical music that I have listened to for a while, and on these I am impressed anew. 

Jan 25, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #2,107 of 5,225
I've been meaning to play with the blue back filter more, but Black/Black is just too damn fun and satisfying.  I need to start splitting up my playlists to test specific filter combos!  

I've approached the month mark.filter rolled every 2 days or so. There are some addictive combinations (I definitely would include black+ black),
I'm just relieved to say that the blue bass filters aren't necessarily obsolete. Yup, the A4 with its fantastic tuning ads strong emotion to the upper harmonics to violins. I've been listening to some good live 74 king crimson and enjoying the weight of Robert Fripp's laser beam guitar feedback. Really nice. Really nice.

Jan 25, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #2,108 of 5,225
So the people who have had their A4's for a while now, what combination of filters have you settled on? I've had mine for a couple of weeks and I think I might edge towards red/black with black/black running it very close.

Jan 25, 2017 at 4:48 AM Post #2,109 of 5,225
  So the people who have had their A4's for a while now, what combination of filters have you settled on? I've had mine for a couple of weeks and I think I might edge towards red/black with black/black running it very close.

Still impressed with red/black combo.
Thinking of ordering second A4s or should I wait for A5s (but practice shows even numbers are best LZs)?! ))

Jan 25, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #2,110 of 5,225

These are my two favorite combos as well. Lately, I have been black/black but I will need to go back to red/black.
I can't really choose as I do prefer some of the low-end on the red/black but the smoothness detail and soundstage on the black/black or just slightly better. It's a trade off but that's the beauty. I have an option
It's definitely a tossup both have such nice wonderful features to my ears

Jan 25, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #2,111 of 5,225
These are my two favorite combos as well. Lately, I have been black/black but I will need to go back to red/black.
I can't really choose as I do prefer some of the low-end on the red/black but the smoothness detail and soundstage on the black/black or just slightly better. It's a trade off but that's the beauty. I have an option
It's definitely a tossup both have such nice wonderful features to my ears

Lately if I'm somewhere quiet I go black/black. If in transit or noisy area I sometimes go red/black.

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #2,112 of 5,225
I had tried about every combination but every time I found myself back to the black/blue combo,
so my all time favourite combination is like this,
Black/b+blue/f+front vent block mod+KZ Acoustics eartips , , , , , , :wink::wink::wink:

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #2,113 of 5,225

You could try something similar to what I ended up doing with my IT03s (which I found super uncomfortable). I removed the foam from the core of an old pair of foam eartips I had, leaving me just the rubber core, which I am using as an extender. Helps the tips insert properly, while moving the earpiece farther from the ear.

Just be warned that this will obviously destroy and foam eartips you have, and just some more warning that it is very difficult to actually get eartips onto a core like that (worked for IT03 with some effort due to the shape, not sure how easy itll be with the a4).

Just a thought.

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think I can pull it off.. I've tried some minor 'surgeries' with even larger items than this and I've learned that I'm just not good at stuff like that.  

I'll likely end up tearing a huge hole or ruining something else.

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #2,114 of 5,225

My personal highlights?
Green f/ Red b
Black f/ black b

Overall, some filter combinations highlight versus certain frequencies quite nicely. My playlist will probably dictate what I'm most likely gonna stick with.

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #2,115 of 5,225
cool.gif
I've tried all the Red, Black, Blue and Green combos but I still like Red Back / Blue Nozzles best for my tastes. I'm using the Stock Redcore tips.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back