LZ-A3 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 12, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #676 of 790
Well this is my 1st post at head-fi. Please understand I am not a proffesional audiophile, but I appreciate the good sound no doubt!. Keeping that in mind, I have to say that I have the a3 and now the a3s. As far as I could appreciate , they have different signatures, fitting best the a3 for electronic music due to his relately "punchy" bass, and the a3 for other kind of music. A3s have a clear wider soundstage and hi-res hights, I would say a3s have a more"surround" sound And a little bit more detailed related to the a3, and I would say it is worth the purchance, specially at the price I could get them in aliexpress (91 eur)

Thanks for da impression! I own A2, A2S, A3 and now considering to buy the A3S as well...

Aug 12, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #677 of 790
  Thanks for da impression! I own A2, A2S, A3 and now considering to buy the A3S as well...

A4 as well 
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #678 of 790
For the first time , an LZ (A3S) that sounds good/very good out my phone. Generally, I need to DAC or DAC/amp on the phone but there is a sweet-spot  on the volume (75%) that gets them sounding great straight out the 3.5" port.Very surprised, as A3 were not really good off my phone.
Interstingly, the A3 was good direct of my Macbook Air and the A3S is too bloomy in the bass out my Air.

I will DAC/amp where possible. They are excellent out my DAC/amp in signature...the decays are supreme, as is the balance of musicality to detail...their main strength.

But it's good to know for phone-based users, if you have a mid-range phone, you might be able to run the A3S off it directly if on a tight  budget.

Aug 24, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #679 of 790
I ordered the LZ-A3S because my SW3 are a "bit" fatiqung after listenting a while. I heard the comfort is hit or miss so i really hope these are a least 3/4 as comfortable as the insanely comfortable SW3's. I really hope MusicMaker releases the next headphone with more subdued treble for longer listening sessions. 

Aug 24, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #680 of 790
  I ordered the LZ-A3S because my SW3 are a "bit" fatiqung after listenting a while. I heard the comfort is hit or miss so i really hope these are a least 3/4 as comfortable as the insanely comfortable SW3's. I really hope MusicMaker releases the next headphone with more subdued treble for longer listening sessions. 

Over-ear, no issues for me. I do have a thicker 8-line sterling silver cable that may keep everything in place though.

Aug 25, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #681 of 790
I agree that Lz-a3s in a phone without external amp sounds quite good, better than the a3 (tested on a Meizu pro 5). Going both at 16 ohm, maybe the supposed hi-res drivers of the a3s make this happen I don't know

Aug 25, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #682 of 790
I agree that Lz-a3s in a phone without external amp sounds quite good, better than the a3 (tested on a Meizu pro 5). Going both at 16 ohm, maybe the supposed hi-res drivers of the a3s make this happen I don't know

Yep, and simply phone + DAC in a chest sling has been perfect for me while travelling last week or so. No bulky portable amp/weight needed for walking around.

Aug 27, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #683 of 790
I have the Lz-a3 and I really like the sound signature. They also fit my ear perfect when using them over the ear. @Lohb and @neog007 is it worth to get Lz-a3s? Where do you think they add most in sound quality? Do they have different drivers or is there just some tweaking? Do you know if there going to be any Lz-a4 that will be even better? Lots of thoughts and questions
confused_face.gif

Aug 27, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #684 of 790
  I have the Lz-a3 and I really like the sound signature. They also fit my ear perfect when using them over the ear. @Lohb and @neog007 is it worth to get Lz-a3s? Where do you think they add most in sound quality? Do they have different drivers or is there just some tweaking? Do you know if there going to be any Lz-a4 that will be even better? Lots of thoughts and questions
confused_face.gif

All I could get out of my seller for information was they were tweaked  more vs A3, but someone else said recently they had new drivers maybe....... (?)
I love the fit also.I think a thicker cable also makes them sit just right vs the stock thin cable.

I was on the tour of the A4 prototype IEMs. The dialiabilty is great on A4, but I just love the A3 line in particular...if you want some extra low-end/high-end sparkle, then sell out your A3 and get the A3S. For me they really were worth it...I was nervous about gaining something with them but losing the excellent decays etc...but everything still great is there, plus the extended low/high-end and ease of driving them now. They drive straight off a mid-range phone pretty great, and I've been loving the SQ with my phone and HRT microStreamer DAC with no amp needed.
It's your call really...no word on the A4 release date, and I'd not be selling out my A3S for A4, even though I think they have a custom BA vs off-the-shelf BA.

To get the most out them though, have a dedicated DAC as a minimum if you can afford it. I have a pair of Sparkos amp chips waiting to try with them on my iBasso PB2 modular portable amp and I've read nothing but amazing reviews for these new generation discrete amp chips....so it can hopefully bump the A3S up another level again.....great !

Aug 27, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #685 of 790
Well this is my 1st post at head-fi. Please understand I am not a proffesional audiophile, but I appreciate the good sound no doubt!. Keeping that in mind, I have to say that I have the a3 and now the a3s. As far as I could appreciate , they have different signatures, fitting best the a3 for electronic music due to his relately "punchy" bass, and the a3 for other kind of music. A3s have a clear wider soundstage and hi-res hights, I would say a3s have a more"surround" sound And a little bit more detailed related to the a3, and I would say it is worth the purchance, specially at the price I could get them in aliexpress (91 eur)

Where did you get them for 91 EUR?

Aug 27, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #686 of 790
a3s: it is worth (depending of the price of course). Is more detailed, balanced and, in general terms, audiophile than a3.
But if you like music in a impactfull way, a3 suits better. Hard electronic music sounds better on a3.
If you listen music with your mobile phone without external amplification, a3s is your choice.
New drivers: I don´t know. according to the sellers, the frecuency range goes from 5 (15 others says) to 25Hz. I think that as a result of this, the need of new drivers... maybe...
I own another hi-res earphones and to me, hight frecuencies are hi-res, not so sure about the rest, maybe some tweaking do the thing.

Aug 27, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #689 of 790
Usually bans are permanent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back