LZ-A3 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 9, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #347 of 790
cool.gif
Here is a post I made in reply to my observations about the Easy UEs Custom. These are my observations concerning the UEs v.s. the LZA3. I'm quite anxious to know if anyone else has experienced similar changes. please discuss. Sorry to Thread hop but I didn't want to have to re-type this.
eek.gif

noooo you can't make this iem sound like one of those horses in a race that start off slow with poor odds then last minute it wins the race with big winnings. Nooooo I don't want to buy anymore, do not do it to us noooo.

At this point Silent is referring to Lurk and my own opinions of how good the Easy UEs is. Lurk had just gotten his. Mine have +200 Hours burn in on them and have improved by an exponential factor from 50 Hrs. and OOTB impressions.

My answer/ opinion to Silent:

cool.gif
I'm afraid so Silent. Actually these UEs actually go more toe to toe with the TK12. I don't know if anyone Else has experienced a Change in their LZA3 but I have. In Some cases Burn in affects IEMs in a negative manner. This is the Case with my LZA3. OOTB and @ around 30 Hours, (which is when I based my review) They were simply STELLAR. Everything they were hyped and supposed to be.

Different Story at +100 hours. The Bass, which some were calling a little Light has Tightened up (Good) but receeded and lost some Deep Extension (Bad). The Mids (It's best point) are still beautiful (Good) but have also receeded so they are harder to hear, and the Female Vocals in particular have lost some of that Ethereal quality. (Bad) The Highs which were nicely rolled off but still had good presence and detail (Good), have now Moved quite forward and Developed a Hard edge that now borders on Spikey, artificial, and the whole SQ now has a Metallic overtone to it. (VERY BAD IMHO)

I claimed in the review, (based on what I had heard), that these were some of the most Fatigue-Free phones I had heard yet. THIS is no longer True. I NOW find their overall signature to be somewhat Shallow and Thin, (Because of the Loss of Bass Presence and increase of Brightness), and too bright to the Point where it annoys me. I had them on for 45 minutes last night and had to take them off.

This is a Terrible Disappointment to me, I had such hopes for these. I put them back on the Burner and will cook them at least 2 or 300 hours, MAYBE they will change again and get smoother.

JMHO  Has anyone else experienced this?  Same equipment, Same Material, same EQ settings (Flat). NOTHING has been changed on the Source, it's exactly the same. Eartips are exactly the same.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Apr 9, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #348 of 790
  seems this the Shozy zero is very good IEM, haha , now i have just check ,chinese guy said that very good ! 

ksc75smile.gif
Go get 'em Tiger.....

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Keith

Apr 9, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #349 of 790
cool.gif
Here is a post I made in reply to my observations about the Easy UEs Custom. These are my observations concerning the UEs v.s. the LZA3. I'm quite anxious to know if anyone else has experienced similar changes. please discuss. Sorry to Thread hop but I didn't want to have to re-type this.
eek.gif

At this point Silent is referring to Lurk and my own opinions of how good the Easy UEs is. Lurk had just gotten his. Mine have +200 Hours burn in on them and have improved by an exponential factor from 50 Hrs. and OOTB impressions.

cool.gif
I'm afraid so Silent. Actually these UEs actually go more toe to toe with the TK12. I don't know if anyone Else has experienced a Change in their LZA3 but I have. In Some cases Burn in affects IEMs in a negative manner. This is the Case with my LZA3. OOTB and @ around 30 Hours, (which is when I based my review) They were simply STELLAR. Everything they were hyped and supposed to be.

Different Story at +100 hours. The Bass, which some were calling a little Light has Tightened up (Good) but receeded and lost some Deep Extension (Bad). The Mids (It's best point) are still beautiful (Good) but have also receeded so they are harder to hear, and the Female Vocals in particular have lost some of that Ethereal quality. (Bad) The Highs which were nicely rolled off but still had good presence and detail (Good), have now Moved quite forward and Developed a Hard edge that now borders on Spikey, artificial, and the whole SQ now has a Metallic overtone to it. (VERY BAD IMHO)

I claimed in the review, (based on what I had heard), that these were some of the most Fatigue-Free phones I had heard yet. THIS is no longer True. I NOW find their overall signature to be somewhat Shallow and Thin, (Because of the Loss of Bass Presence and increase of Brightness), and too bright to the Point where it annoys me. I had them on for 45 minutes last night and had to take them off.

This is a Terrible Disappointment to me, I had such hopes for these. I put them back on the Burner and will cook them at least 2 or 300 hours, MAYBE they will change again and get smoother.

JMHO  Has anyone else experienced this?  Same equipment, Same Material, same EQ settings (Flat). NOTHING has been changed on the Source, it's exactly the same. Eartips are exactly the same.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

To be honest I believe the reason why you experience them as thin now is because you are A/B'ing them with bassy earphones like the UEs. To me they never were bassy, but not thin either, however if I come from more bass heavy earphones they sound very thin, until I get accustomed to the sound after listening to them for a good while. Remember that brain burn in is a thing, so if you get used to bassy earphones these will sound thinner than they did before.

Apr 9, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #350 of 790

eek.gif

cool.gif

beerchug.gif

To be honest I believe the reason why you experience them as thin now is because you are A/B'ing them with bassy earphones like the UEs. To me they never were bassy, but not thin either, however if I come from more bass heavy earphones they sound very thin, until I get accustomed to the sound after listening to them for a good while. Remember that brain burn in is a thing, so if you get used to bassy earphones these will sound thinner than they did before.

cool.gif
Good Theory Jacob except for one thing. I hadn't A/B'd them as yet, before I reached my conclusions, and I had not listened to any earphones at all for almost 18 Hrs. the very last ones previously were the LZ-Z03a. These impressions are strictly listening to the LZA3 for almost an hour on quite a few different Genre' songs. Do yours have 100+ hours on them?

Like I said I'm putting them back on the Burner with my fingers crossed. I DO want these to be good.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Apr 9, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #351 of 790

cool.gif
Good Theory Jacob except for one thing. I hadn't A/B'd them as yet, before I reached my conclusions, and I had not listened to any earphones at all for almost 18 Hrs. the very last ones previously were the LZ-Z03a. These impressions are strictly listening to the LZA3 for almost an hour on quite a few different Genre' songs. Do yours have 100+ hours on them?

Like I said I'm putting them back on the Burner with my fingers crossed. I DO want these to be good.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

How about the seal? I find it very difficult to get a good seal sadly, and of course this lets the bass escape. 

Apr 9, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #352 of 790
It is very unusual for earphones to change that dramatically even with burn in.

Am sorry Twin, but this super dramatic changes don't make sense to me. A bit here and there maybe, but that much change...

My A3 didn't change one bit after the 50 hours they have on them. They are as great as they have been out of the box.

Cheers!

Apr 9, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #353 of 790
cool.gif
eek.gif

cool.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

+1 there's just no way... Maybe at first you had that "new toy" thing going on, maybe the hype was still present? I don't know what, but those differences your hearing are psychological or else your A3s are defective? Anyways happy listening whichever phones you prefer :)

Apr 9, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #354 of 790
  It is very unusual for earphones to change that dramatically even with burn in.

Am sorry Twin, but this super dramatic changes don't make sense to me. A bit here and there maybe, but that much change...

My A3 didn't change one bit after the 50 hours they have on them. They are as great as they have been out of the box.

Cheers!

Agreed. My A3s haven't changed that much either. Besides my brain adjusting to the bassy signature, nothing really changed since I first got them.

Apr 9, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #355 of 790
Agreed. My A3s haven't changed that much either. Besides my brain adjusting to the bassy signature, nothing really changed since I first got them.

:grinning: Maybe Jac is right and its just audio memory. (Brain-burn). If this IS the reason it still makes me arrive at the same conclusion: the Easy UEs Customs are FAR more appealing to me personally.

I still don't know how I could have misjudged the Treble this badly. It actually got painful for me at about an hour.

I've got the LZA3 back on the burner. Don't worry, I will give them a fair shake. I want them to be good. Like the rest of you I spent good $$$. Bottom line.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Apr 9, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #356 of 790
:grinning: Guys, Thank the Lord above I found out what was wrong. I made a newby mistake. I found out that you can over- insert these earphones. I just tried them and they sounded great again? So I tried a pair of Auvios and the stock tips sounded a little better, so I changed back to stock tips made sure I had a good deep seal And they sounded shallow and bright AGAIN?

So I wiggled the connectors.... Nothin'. What?

Okay I gotta check them out, so as I'm starting to remove the left one The Fullness RETURNS!!!

Ever have a DUH moment?

Don't insert these too far trying to get an optimim seal.

OK so now the LZA3 will go toe to toe with the Best in my collection. It still doesn't change the Fact that the UEs are up to the task.

Now I've got 2 "new" Really good IEMs to compare. AGAIN.

Does it ever end? And am I OCD?

Apr 9, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #357 of 790
Ever have a DUH moment?

Getting old and decrepit is a beeech eh Twin?  LOL 
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Just kidding.... from another old crudmudgeon!  LOL

Apr 9, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #358 of 790
:grinning: Guys, Thank the Lord above I found out what was wrong. I made a newby mistake. I found out that you can over- insert these earphones. I just tried them and they sounded great again? So I tried a pair of Auvios and the stock tips sounded a little better, so I changed back to stock tips made sure I had a good deep seal And they sounded shallow and bright AGAIN?

Okay I gotta check them out, so as I'm starting to remove the left one The Fullness RETURNS!!!

Ever have a DUH moment?

OK so now the LZA3 will go toe to toe with the Best in my collection. It still doesn't change the Fact that the UEs are up to the task.

This is why we were so confused OOTB. I've never encountered an IEM with such tricky fit. You really got to find the right tips for a proper seal.
Personally speaking, double flanges are the way to go. But try at least everything you have in your tip collection. Also beware of widebore-tips as they are not fitting the nozzle properly. (Like the included KZ Whirlwinds)

Apr 9, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #359 of 790

Ever have a DUH moment?

yeh this also happened to me with the tk12 nearly had a heart attack when the sound turned bright and bassless then i realised they do not like depth for the particular tips I've put on. Interesting to hear this also happens to the lz a3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back