Lynx 22 and Echo Gina question...
Jan 12, 2008 at 6:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

selfdivider

100+ Head-Fier
Hi. I'm thinking of building a quiet PC with either Lynx 22 or Echo Gina3G, to run directly to an integrated amp (either Pathos Classic MK III or Leben CS600), without running 1st to an external DAC. If you guys would please chime in on this course of action, I'd much appreciate it. (Originally, my idea was to just run Squeezebox through the DAC of Cambridge Audio 840C, but I needed a new PC anyway, so I thought I might take the risk; the worst that can happen is that I'll end up with a kick-ass media server PC that would sound awesome w/ quality active speakers. And my idea is to eventually move away from the PC set-up anyway, perhaps go with Transporter... or the original SB3 via CA 840C)

Anyways, my primary question is if the Echo Gina3G's headphone out is decent enough for AKG 701s. Anyone have experience w/ Gina's headphone out? That would be great, as I don't want to spend more $ on a separate headphone amp (nor do I want to add another component to my system; I'd like to keep it minimal.) I know the Leben has a sweet sweeeeeet headphone out, from experience, but it has no balanced input, which I was told might compromise the SQ of the music...

Sorry for being long-winded. But please let me know about your opinions on Lynx L22 vs Echo Gina. Also if the headphone out on the Echo is okay. Thanks!!!

Apr 24, 2009 at 10:54 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by selfdivider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyways, my primary question is if the Echo Gina3G's headphone out is decent enough

would like to know too
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back