Luxury & Precision (LP) W4, Successor to Their Popular W1/W2 USB Dongle is Here!
Mar 9, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #1,307 of 1,407
This case looks very nice. Anyone got a link to purchase?

Attachments

• 4EJGjZ-1Uht9xLcnTzOmyTgv70XwZfIDIvUdDTL1ffG=smd.jpg
    4EJGjZ-1Uht9xLcnTzOmyTgv70XwZfIDIvUdDTL1ffG=smd.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 0
Mar 12, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #1,308 of 1,407
Adding photos from the above Weibo post:

IMG_3570.jpeg

IMG_3571.jpeg

IMG_3572.jpeg

IMG_3573.jpeg

IMG_3574.jpeg
Nice looking cable!

I'm currently using ibasso cb19 split usb cable with w4. Not as nice, but same functionality.

20240312_144616.jpg

Mar 13, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #1,310 of 1,407
Can anyone tell me if the W4 works with the iPhone's volume control buttons in addition to the knob on the dongle? I would like to be able to adjust volume from the iPhone under certain circumstances, i.e. when the dongle is tucked away out of reach in a MagSafe pouch...

Mar 13, 2024 at 12:00 PM Post #1,311 of 1,407
Can anyone tell me if the W4 works with the iPhone's volume control buttons in addition to the knob on the dongle? I would like to be able to adjust volume from the iPhone under certain circumstances, i.e. when the dongle is tucked away out of reach in a MagSafe pouch...
Yes it does found out the hard way enabling it while listening 👍

Mar 13, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #1,312 of 1,407
Yes it does found out the hard way enabling it while listening 👍

"enabling it"

This is a setting that can be changed somehow? Just trying to clarify before spending $$$

Mar 13, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #1,314 of 1,407
With the HID option, both the iPhone's and the dongle can control the volume. There is no way to defeat the dongle volume control. I simply used some tape to keep the dongle volume knob from changing. I use my Apple Watch to control the volume with the dongle in my pocket. btw--I'm also a BIG Flim & BBs fan!!

Mar 13, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #1,315 of 1,407
With the HID option, both the iPhone's and the dongle can control the volume. There is no way to defeat the dongle volume control. I simply used some tape to keep the dongle volume knob from changing. I use my Apple Watch to control the volume with the dongle in my pocket. btw--I'm also a BIG Flim & BBs fan!!

Thanks for the info!

When I first heard Tricycle, it completely changed my world with respect to audio quality. Of course it was the first CD I heard (and owned) and the dynamic range trickery seemed awesome at the time. It was a huge difference compared to LPs and cassettes. You had to be careful with the volume on that first track... :wink:

Mar 21, 2024 at 3:14 PM Post #1,316 of 1,407

I just picked up a used W4 and it's working out great. I love the HID option with essentially full volume control without touching the dongle. And yes I have an Apple Watch which makes things really useful when I don't want to reach for the phone/dongle...

It's a shame that the types of volume control aren't typically covered by reviewers as this "HID" control lets you actually change the volume of the W4 itself from the phone (or watch) interface as well as the volume wheel (and they stay in sync). None of my other dongles can do this.

Thanks again for the info!

Mar 23, 2024 at 11:11 AM Post #1,318 of 1,407
How is the build quality of the W4, specifically the 4.4mm female plug?

Cayins RU7 uses a gold casing that unfortunately is very brittle when used with Pentaconn plugs. I have been through now two that have failed in this piece. I am curious if L&P is built similar or better here. Has anyone had long term experience with it using primarily Pentaconn 4.4mm plugs?

Thank you. I am hoping to try one out based on feedback.

Mar 23, 2024 at 3:31 PM Post #1,319 of 1,407
How is the build quality of the W4, specifically the 4.4mm female plug?

Cayins RU7 uses a gold casing that unfortunately is very brittle when used with Pentaconn plugs. I have been through now two that have failed in this piece. I am curious if L&P is built similar or better here. Has anyone had long term experience with it using primarily Pentaconn 4.4mm plugs?

Thank you. I am hoping to try one out based on feedback.
On W4, the balanced 4.4 is gold plated of the highest quality.
Don't worry.

Attachments

• 20240323_193012.jpg
    20240323_193012.jpg
    990.4 KB · Views: 0
Mar 23, 2024 at 8:13 PM Post #1,320 of 1,407
It's a shame that the types of volume control aren't typically covered by reviewers as this "HID" control lets you actually change the volume of the W4 itself from the phone (or watch) interface as well as the volume wheel (and they stay in sync). None of my other dongles can do this.

whoa-dude.gif

The only other portable DAC/amp I've seen that can also sync with an iPhone's volume control is the iFi xDSD Gryphon, but I've always wished there was a dongle that had the same ability. Now it looks like I've just found one!

Thanks for the info!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back