Luxury & Precision (LP) W4, Successor to Their Popular W1/W2 USB Dongle is Here!
Jun 11, 2023 at 7:21 AM Post #631 of 1,423
Not just so. There are more components on it than 4 DAC chips
OK, design is very beautiful and scrolling wheel is very practice, but internally for asking price :smirk:
4 DAC chips + components = misleading

Jun 11, 2023 at 8:08 AM Post #633 of 1,423
OK, design is very beautiful and scrolling wheel is very practice, but internally for asking price :smirk:
Misleading marketing or not, it has the best measurement among all the USB dongle in the market, really excellent power efficiency and some of the best SQ around, so at least they didn't just ask for high price without delivering a class leading product.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #634 of 1,423
When I got the w4, the first things I noticed were its stunning titanium-like finish, the crisp sound of the rotating knob, the comfortable tactile feel, the beautiful music when driving headphones, and the surprisingly low battery consumption after use.

What chips are inside is not something I'm concerned about. Also, is there another dongle on the market that uses four DACs? Oh yes, the w4ex

When I walk into a three-star Michelin restaurant and order a steak, I don't weigh the steak to judge whether it's worth the price.

What I'm paying for is sound quality and build quality.

Attachments

• wx_camera_1686385743905.jpg
    wx_camera_1686385743905.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Jun 11, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #636 of 1,423
People sometimes become confused and think that the price of an item should be a function of the price of the components, labor, transportation, and some reasonable markup for profit. In reality these only establish a floor to the price (unless vendor is willing to sell at a loss).

What you actually pay (or decide not to pay…) is based on the value you place on the item and the value the vendor places on it. If both of you agree then a sale is possible. In particular if the vendor values the item more than you do, then no sale happens.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #637 of 1,423
For outside listening, I didn't hesitate to buy the W4, which I received yesterday.
I had trouble with Boot Camp on my old MacBook Pro, and by going through parallels, it was easier to install windows for the purpose; a little time-consuming in the end BUT an excellent result.
My very first test/1 album, via iPhone/Roon ARC/Serratus is perfect to my ears, to be followed on my library...
No problem to ear Serratus at the good level. :) :):)

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #640 of 1,423
I just received my W4 and love it! However, I’m wondering how I am supposed to be using the magnetic case…I thought I could have it snap to the back of my iPhone 13 Pro, but it doesn’t really stay put. Am I doing it wrong?

Jun 13, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #641 of 1,423
I just received my W4 and love it! However, I’m wondering how I am supposed to be using the magnetic case…I thought I could have it snap to the back of my iPhone 13 Pro, but it doesn’t really stay put. Am I doing it wrong?
In the box there is a piece of metal that has some adhesive on. Peel it of and stick it to your phone under the case and then you attach your W4 to the phone magnetically. Job done and enjoy.

Jun 13, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #643 of 1,423
In the box there is a piece of metal that has some adhesive on. Peel it of and stick it to your phone under the case and then you attach your W4 to the phone magnetically. Job done and enjoy.
I have an iPhone with MagSafe. Unfortunately, this interferes when I try to attach a battery. I found this accessory works even better than that piece of metal.

Jun 13, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #645 of 1,423

In this review is mentioned that W4 lasts 14 hours attached to a phone, W4EX 13 hours and RU7 only 5 hours.
It is the dongle that uses the lowest power .

Yeah. However the reviewer seems to prefer the RU7 to the W4 (checking the votes of the table). Oh and also reading the table you can see that the W4 is overpriced compared to other dongles:

Immagine.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back