Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Aug 30, 2022 at 12:47 AM Post #4,891 of 5,299
People like you make it controversial, with "reviews" claiming that more expensive USB cables provide "a more holographic soundstage" etc
Totally aggressive and unnecessary comment. Hate seeing comments like this.

Aug 30, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #4,892 of 5,299
expensive material or cheap, but high-quality oldshcool)) anyway. major (main) improvement in sound. I have a usb cable from an old 1999 printer, which is better than the "special for audio," but it's not in the upper price range. I bought it just to experiment. gives a "sugar" sound. may not be fully warmed up.
I should try something for lpw 2. In my opinion, the level of the device allows you to hear the changes.

Sep 1, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #4,893 of 5,299
I'm been a W2 + iPhone 12 max user for over a year but recently realized that the 100mA current limit can hold back the W2.

Some users including myself have reported distortion when listening on 70-80 or higher on high gain. This is likely to happen particularly on classical tracks with wide dynamic range. This is so annoying especially when demoing multi-driver IEMs like the Vision Ears that I am almost considering to get a DAP to overcome this.

I rediscovered my old Samsung S7 edge from 2017 as a music storage and got the same loudness at 60 HG vs 75 HG on the iPhone. And lastly, it doesn't distort even at 80+ HG. YMMV.

Sep 1, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #4,894 of 5,299
I'm been a W2 + iPhone 12 max user for over a year but recently realized that the 100mA current limit can hold back the W2.

Some users including myself have reported distortion when listening on 70-80 or higher on high gain. This is likely to happen particularly on classical tracks with wide dynamic range. This is so annoying especially when demoing multi-driver IEMs like the Vision Ears that I am almost considering to get a DAP to overcome this.

I rediscovered my old Samsung S7 edge from 2017 as a music storage and got the same loudness at 60 HG vs 75 HG on the iPhone. And lastly, it doesn't distort even at 80+ HG. YMMV.

A number of 3rd party OTG cables were designed to overcome the power limitations from the Lightning port, and I had read this was also true for the OTG cables supplied by the dongle manufacturers. What are you using?
https://oeaudio.shop/products/oeotg-digital-cable

Sep 1, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #4,895 of 5,299
A number of 3rd party OTG cables were designed to overcome the power limitations from the Lightning port, and I had read this was also true for the OTG cables supplied by the dongle manufacturers. What are you using?
https://oeaudio.shop/products/oeotg-digital-cable
I'm using DDHifi Mfi06. Have you / others used the OEOTG cable before? Does it really solve the issue?

Sep 14, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #4,898 of 5,299
Enjoying These marvelous Dongles thanks to you guys
W1 and W2-131 , Both are a lot of fun:beerchug:

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-09-14 at 7.45.05 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-09-14 at 7.45.05 AM.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 0
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-09-14 at 7.45.04 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-09-14 at 7.45.04 AM.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 0
Sep 14, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #4,900 of 5,299
You are missing the best one : W2.
In your experience, by how much, and what are the differences between W2 and W2-131 in SQ, I only use iems :gs1000smile:

Sep 15, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #4,901 of 5,299
Hi Everyone,

I’ve read through most of this thread about this issue but wanted to know if anyone has a reliable solution to the M1 Apple devices issue.

I recently Purchased the Luxury and Precision W2 -131 during the Labor Day sales and I’ve been facing an issue where I’m not able to get the device to work with my M1 IPad over USB-C to USB-C connection.

On connecting the device the tablet screen on the W2 turns on and says “Normal” but no audio is played back.
Audio does play through the IPad speakers. The same behavior is observed through my MacBook Pro M1 and the dongle isn’t even listed as an audio device, so it seems this is limited to M1 devices but I read in the OP that this was resolved with an earlier firmware.

The device works fine with the lightning to USB-C cable included using my iPhone and I’ve also been able to use this as an output DAC with my DAP over USB C.
I’d appreciate any solution you can suggest as I’ve checked that the firmware version is the latest - 1.0.3.6 and I’ve also tried 3 different USB-C cables.
I’ve switched HID both on and off and even tried both UAC modes to no avail.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Sep 18, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #4,903 of 5,299
Hi Everyone,

I’ve read through most of this thread about this issue but wanted to know if anyone has a reliable solution to the M1 Apple devices issue.

I recently Purchased the Luxury and Precision W2 -131 during the Labor Day sales and I’ve been facing an issue where I’m not able to get the device to work with my M1 IPad over USB-C to USB-C connection.

On connecting the device the tablet screen on the W2 turns on and says “Normal” but no audio is played back.
Audio does play through the IPad speakers. The same behavior is observed through my MacBook Pro M1 and the dongle isn’t even listed as an audio device, so it seems this is limited to M1 devices but I read in the OP that this was resolved with an earlier firmware.

The device works fine with the lightning to USB-C cable included using my iPhone and I’ve also been able to use this as an output DAC with my DAP over USB C.
I’d appreciate any solution you can suggest as I’ve checked that the firmware version is the latest - 1.0.3.6 and I’ve also tried 3 different USB-C cables.

I have mostly the same problems. What I discovered is this:
1. The Lightning-C cable works fine with iPhone, just like yours.
2. The C-C cable works with my iPad (not M1), just need to select output in Control Centre.
3. The C-C cable will or will not work with my MacBook Pro M1, depending on luck or some kind of magic. When I plug it in, there's a chance my Mac will recognise it, but a very small chance, like one in fifty. Somes days it's fine, the others no. Switching cable, toggling HID, plugging either end first or last, none of this will help. But one sure way it'll work is when I plug the W2 in a USB hub that's connected to my Mac (instead of plugging the W2 directly in the Mac). The Mac can recognise it every time.
The way I understand it, there's some kind of HID protocol issue with M1 machines, and the W2 has problems with it.

Sep 19, 2022 at 9:10 PM Post #4,904 of 5,299
Hi Everyone,

just tried with my wife's iPad air with M1 chip.
ddHifi TC05 usb c to c 50cm

Only issue I encountered was not initially following directional arrows on connectors (device would not power on). Once changed to the proper direction the device powered on and produced sound.

Sep 22, 2022 at 4:40 AM Post #4,905 of 5,299
just tried with my wife's iPad air with M1 chip.
ddHifi TC05 usb c to c 50cm

Only issue I encountered was not initially following directional arrows on connectors (device would not power on). Once changed to the proper direction the device powered on and produced sound.
That's interesting. I wonder what ddHifi may be doing differently than the other 3 cables I've tried. If I may ask, what firmware version are you running on your W2? Is it also the W2-131 or the OG?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back