Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Dec 19, 2021 at 9:21 PM Post #4,396 of 5,297
It would be a killer feature for any USB dongle to have it, though I suspect the required programing skill to implement one is a bit out of most USB dongle manufacturer's capability.

The Qudelix 5K is one of them (it can be used as both BT or USB dongle) with a very robust app and PEQ capabilities, but of course, the L&P dongles are in a different league measurement-wise.

However, I don't ask for an app or even a built-in solution with limited capabilities, just a way to "inject" or transfer our own individual presets into the W1/W2, even in the most primitive manner (with a text editor, AutoEQ style) or something like they did with the custom presets for certain IEMs they put in the last firmware upgrades, but giving the user a chance on their own.

Hopefully someone might reach Mr. Wan and tell him the urge for this, it could be a game changer for an already TOTL device and bring an endless way of possibilities, specially with the limited availability of system-wide PEQ solutions on Android and iOS.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #4,397 of 5,297
The Qudelix 5K is one of them (it can be used as both BT or USB dongle) with a very robust app and PEQ capabilities, but of course, the L&P dongles are in a different league measurement-wise.
Yep, and I think we can both agree that Qudelix owner has proven to be a superb programmer that is way ahead of the curve. If anything I have learned over the years about Chinese audio manufacturers, is that they are far better hardware designer than they are software programmer. Hopefully we do see some changes on this in the future.

Dec 20, 2021 at 1:50 AM Post #4,398 of 5,297
Yep, and I think we can both agree that Qudelix owner has proven to be a superb programmer that is way ahead of the curve. If anything I have learned over the years about Chinese audio manufacturers, is that they are far better hardware designer than they are software programmer. Hopefully we do see some changes on this in the future.

Completely agree, at least in terms of personal audio.

Fingers crossed for that changing in the near future!

Dec 21, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #4,400 of 5,297
W2-131 starts shipping today. Hopefully I'll have it before year ends.

Dec 23, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #4,406 of 5,297
Hello, Maybe it's just an illusion, but in my opinion the FW 1.0.3.6 AS version improves microdynamics and spatiality. Nin was not broken and corrected !!!.

Dec 23, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #4,409 of 5,297
I can't seem to find here on the thread.
New firmware for W2: V.1.0.3.6 AS released 15 December
http://www.luxuryprecision.net/xiazai/
This version is compatible with the NoHID version. When the HID Key enable state changes, the USB connection is re-connected. If the HID Key is closed, the reconfiguration descriptor closes the HID communication. The HID Key is turned off by default, so it is compatible with Apple M1 tablets.

P.S. if you still don't know how to do it. PM to help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back