Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Jul 19, 2021 at 12:36 AM Post #3,556 of 5,299
Is there any company information about Luxury and Precision? I'm curious about their origin.
I will see if I can find some detailed articles. One quick note, LP's lead engineer Mr. Wan used to work for AMD China (as their GPU product manager iirc). He then moved on to Colorfly to lead their audio/hifi department and developed the DAP Colorfly C4, which some of you may know as a classical dap. He co-founded LP in 2014 and has been leading their DAP development ever since.

1626669354824.png

Jul 19, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #3,557 of 5,299
Jul 19, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #3,559 of 5,299
I will see if I can find some detailed articles. One quick note, LP's lead engineer Mr. Wan used to work for AMD China (as their GPU product manager iirc). He then moved on to Colorfly to lead their audio/hifi department and developed the DAP Colorfly C4, which some of you may know as a classical dap. He co-founded LP in 2014 and has been leading their DAP development ever since.

1626669354824.png

Thanks for the valuable information. Also, what are the full specs of the W2?

Jul 19, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #3,560 of 5,299
Here you go. I only find the one in Chinese, but I guess you can more or less identify those parameters.

1626705543455.png

Jul 19, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #3,561 of 5,299
https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/amp/luxury-precision-w2-balance.php#gsc.tab=0

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...y-precision-w1-w2-portable-usb-dac-amp.18148/

I'd be interested by knowing which opamp they went for, I suspect it's on the chain diagram (http://www.luxuryprecision.net/shangpin/bofangqi/2021-03-19/40.html), but it's Chinese (and on a picture, so no translator). If anyone could help... (or know if there is an English vesion of the commercial sheet).

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #3,562 of 5,299
I've been using W2 for about a week now. I'm really impressed with its outstanding sound quality.
However, I have trouble connecting with a 2021 M1 iPad Pro. It doesn't work when connected directly via C to C usb cable.
When directly connected, the screen lits up, but there's no sound from W2. Instead, the sound comes out from internal speakers of iPad.
If I connect the W2 by using a usb hub, W2 works without any issues. I suspect that the newly added thunderbolt may be the cause of this issue.
I have seen some other people having the same problem in a Korean headphone forum.
Are there any others having this problem? And I hope there's a solution for this matter.

Jul 19, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #3,563 of 5,299
I've been using W2 for about a week now. I'm really impressed with its outstanding sound quality.
However, I have trouble connecting with a 2021 M1 iPad Pro. It doesn't work when connected directly via C to C usb cable.
When directly connected, the screen lits up, but there's no sound from W2. Instead, the sound comes out from internal speakers of iPad.
If I connect the W2 by using a usb hub, W2 works without any issues. I suspect that the newly added thunderbolt may be the cause of this issue.
I have seen some other people having the same problem in a Korean headphone forum.
Are there any others having this problem? And I hope there's a solution for this matter.
try with a different usb c cable, in my experience, theres a couple of cables that doesnt cooperate directly with the port on any device, i use ddhifi c to c with all my dongles and it works wonders.

Jul 19, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #3,564 of 5,299
Same as what @AlexCBSN suggested, some OTG USB C cables like the DD HiFi one will work perfectly. My stock USB C cable has worked just fine since the beginning but maybe you could use a different cable too.

Jul 19, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #3,565 of 5,299
try with a different usb c cable, in my experience, theres a couple of cables that doesnt cooperate directly with the port on any device, i use ddhifi c to c with all my dongles and it works wonders.
Thank you for your advice. I've just ordered a ddhifi c to c cable. I hope this one works.

Jul 19, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #3,566 of 5,299
Same as what @AlexCBSN suggested, some OTG USB C cables like the DD HiFi one will work perfectly. My stock USB C cable has worked just fine since the beginning but maybe you could use a different cable too.
Thank you for your advice. I'll post if DD HiFi cable works properly.

Jul 19, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #3,567 of 5,299
Thank you for your advice. I'll post if DD HiFi cable works properly.
That’s a great and durable cable. After you receive it, one thing to notice is that is has direction as indicated by the arrows on the two ends of the cable. The direction is consistent with the data streaming flow.

Jul 19, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #3,569 of 5,299
Here you go. I only find the one in Chinese, but I guess you can more or less identify those parameters.

1626705543455.png

https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/amp/luxury-precision-w2-balance.php#gsc.tab=0

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...y-precision-w1-w2-portable-usb-dac-amp.18148/

I'd be interested by knowing which opamp they went for, I suspect it's on the chain diagram (http://www.luxuryprecision.net/shangpin/bofangqi/2021-03-19/40.html), but it's Chinese (and on a picture, so no translator). If anyone could help... (or know if there is an English vesion of the commercial sheet).

Thank you both for the specs.

Jul 19, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #3,570 of 5,299
I just got my W2 over the weekend. I listened all weekend on my M1 iPad Pro (14.6) using the stock/included with W2 usb-c to usb-c without issue. It does seem very flimsy though and I will likely order something else. You should be able to switch between the W2 and iPad speaker by clicking the airplay button.

1626737893944.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back