Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Jun 8, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #3,001 of 5,299
What mixer are you talking about?
App is called "Audio-MIDI-Setup"
So as it was stated before you need to
1 Change the output device under settings / sound
2 change sample rate by going into the audio midi setup

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #3,002 of 5,299
Well I was literally just typing in hi-res lossless on apple music and was trying somebody else’s playlist. I found that there are not a lot of hi-res lossless and most of the tracks I found were just regular lossless, which it still displays as 16b/44.1k ALAC on my macbook. So I guess lossless is just same as CD quality?

I'd guess you need to open Audio MIDI Setup which is in your Utilities Folder. That's where the default sample rate is set on a Mac. Unfortunately, it does not automatically switch between sample rates. There's an app called BitPerfect that works with the Music app to automatically switch.

Jun 8, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #3,004 of 5,299
I'd guess you need to open Audio MIDI Setup which is in your Utilities Folder. That's where the default sample rate is set on a Mac. Unfortunately, it does not automatically switch between sample rates. There's an app called BitPerfect that works with the Music app to automatically switch.
So if I use BitPerfect it should display the right sample rate for each files on W2?

Jun 8, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #3,007 of 5,299
So if I use BitPerfect it should display the right sample rate for each files on W2?
Well, for me the only App causing this effect displaying the preset max sample rate is Amazon Music HD.
Tidal / Audirvana /Spotify are all displaying the right values for bit depth as long as you enable exclusive mode

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #3,010 of 5,299
I bought my LG V60 brand new for only $400. It's a lot cheaper than a TOTL DAP but having one is never a bad thing.
LG already announced shutting down their mobile business, so buying their phone in 2021 is the dead end: it won't probably be updated beyond still expected Android 12, let alone further security updates.
Well, a phone is a phone, after all, with all the social networks, messengers, teleconferences, heavy email use etc. its battery has a lot of burden already, so getting a separate device solely for feeding power hungry IEMs and cans with lots of juicy music definitely makes sense.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #3,012 of 5,299
Got my W2 today, so far digging it with the MEST MkII. Just for giggles, tried it with my HD800S, yeah no go there. Not a surprise though, not expecting a non-external battery dongle to power a 300ohm headphones. With the MEST on high gain, great detail retrievals and sound stage, think it's definitely better than the onboard DAC on the V60.

One problem though, the included USB C to USB C cable suck, any slight movement and it would disconnect. Used a cable creation one I have around and no disconnect problem there. Anyone else experience the same thing with the stock cable? Picked this one up today, hopefully no issue with disconnection either.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086YYWL4T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jun 8, 2021 at 11:49 PM Post #3,013 of 5,299
Got my W2 today, so far digging it with the MEST MkII. Just for giggles, tried it with my HD800S, yeah no go there. Not a surprise though, not expecting a non-external battery dongle to power a 300ohm headphones. With the MEST on high gain, great detail retrievals and sound stage, think it's definitely better than the onboard DAC on the V60.

One problem though, the included USB C to USB C cable suck, any slight movement and it would disconnect. Used a cable creation one I have around and no disconnect problem there. Anyone else experience the same thing with the stock cable? Picked this one up today, hopefully no issue with disconnection either.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086YYWL4T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Congrats.
MEST is super with W2, had it too.
Try watching movies at some point.
Best experience I had with IEMs and movies.

Regarding disconnects with stock cables. yes, that's pretty much a standard issue, so another cable is a must

Jun 9, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #3,015 of 5,299
What about this phone as a transport for the W2? It's quite cheap, has a huge 6000mah battery, a big 6.5" screen and a microSD slot.

https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_poco_m3-10599.php
As a main phone or secondary? As a main it makes no sense for me for many reasons (e.g. no NFC, bad camera etc.), and I see no point having two phones with me all the time just to power W2 with one of these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back