Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Apr 30, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #2,191 of 5,294
It's so refreshing to get a portable dac with an iPhone lightning connector in the box!

Looks like a lot of us just received their L&P W2. I'm thoroughly impressed after a few hours.

Unlike the Lotoo S1 this one doesn't suffer from the insufferable radio interference so it's up until this point the PERFECT portable device that works without any issue with an iPhone and has amazing sound quality.

Sound is really nice - musical and detailed. A very good combination. Listening with my Sony IER-Z1R. Very very good match! Delicate and powerful. More impressions a few weeks down the road...

Quick comparison to the WM1A:
I have not encountered another DAP or device (that's not tube based) that makes me feel like music is hugging me the way the WM1 series does. That's always such a joy to listen to and get lost in. That's not detail, resolution, technicalities... it's pure feeling.

Having said that, I enjoy the W2 more than the Astell&Kern Kann Alpha sound signature-wise. I've sold the KA so can't to a direct comparison anymore but from memory the KA is more detailed and powerful.

Of course, not comparing apples to apples. But as a reference point I'd put the W2 between the WM1A and the KA sound signature wise. (none are analytical).

Bothe the KA and the W2 have a delicate rendition.

The W2 is impressively very well built and display is actually useful, unlike on the S1. I got mine from musicteck - kudos for their exquisite customer service.

Second day edit:
Soundstage (ok, Headstage) is impressive. It feels big (yes, IER Z1R have a very wide rendition in general) but i'm comparing this to the KA & WM1A on the DAP side and Dragonfly Red + Lotoo S1. Not quite a WM1 but still... clearly better than the Dragonfly Red or Lotoo S1.

All in all, compared to these other small portable DACs you get something (very good) for your money.

Last edited:
May 1, 2021 at 6:13 AM Post #2,192 of 5,294
Its arrived today, yeyy, I'm basically so thrilled with L&P for paying a tribute to Japan devices of the golden years of personal audio, W2 looks awesome like Denon and Aiwa of the 80s,awesome look!
I am pretty pleased, its smaller and pictures don't do it justice, in usage its very good, no crashes so far which is great, though i haven't had it out just yet.
It sounds fab really, what's to complain about, it's enough of a step up from S1 imo, sound that is more mature but fun enough especially that it offers good tinkering. In fact for the first time i hear a difference in Dig Filter implementation, LLSlow seems to be bassier and warmer than NOS along Tune 2 which i have settled to for now.
No idea how to see FW??
But nothing i need as it all works beautifully, should be on latest FW anyway as its latest batch.
I'd love a Mest2 profile amd maybe Monarch, Clairvoyance Oracle etc.

Massive Thank you to Andrew @MusicTeck again, what a sweet service he has perfected over that last few years!
Congratulations my friend. It arrived earlier then expected, great. Is very impressive for it's size, isn't it? I am very happy with mine. Enjoy it at maximum daily. :wink:

May 1, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #2,193 of 5,294
Congratulations my friend. It arrived earlier then expected, great. Is very impressive for it's size, isn't it? I am very happy with mine. Enjoy it at maximum daily. :wink:
It is fantastic and a joy to use and look at and it is very musical and involving, i listened to Bartok piano concertos for like an hour yesterday and nothing disturbed, great dynamics ftom PPP to FFFs, then tried some deep bass and it hits with great satisfaction.
It is also small and light and that's very important in this case scenario.
👍👌🍻

May 1, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #2,198 of 5,294
May 1, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #2,200 of 5,294
Hmm... W2 or Khadas Tone 2 pro for iems. Both have around same SINAD :thinking: . I will prob mostly use at home tho. Given that my PC usbs 2.0 are low quality (i can get different quality sound from different ports for dongles like S1, hopefully im not imagining things) , Im leaning towards Khadas because power and data are separate inputs. Feel free to correct any of my assumptions XD

Last edited:
May 1, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #2,203 of 5,294
Not sure about some of you, but I have bought the W2 and I am very happy with it.
W2 has better dynamics and is portable so it offers more flexibility than the Khadas.

May 1, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #2,204 of 5,294
I think this thread mentioned L&P contacts in WeChat - I can't find them
Here, check the WeChat ID.
079EE164-62F2-46C6-AD46-70174E0A4911.png

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back