Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Apr 28, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #2,147 of 5,299
Well yeah, considered this one before, the system/ui and sound seem amazing, but so many reviews of emi issues.
Another good option is the Ibasso DX220

Apr 28, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #2,148 of 5,299
Well yeah, considered this one before, the system/ui and sound seem amazing, but so many reviews of emi issues.
In regards to the EMI issue, it isn't an issue unless you have your phone next to the DAP and with the R6, there's no reason to have your phone anywhere near it since the R6 streams.

Apr 28, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #2,150 of 5,299
Any chances to order it overseas? Hifigo is still struggling to get these back in stock, I contacted them yesterday :frowning2:
We've spoken and confirmed with LP—Hifigo is not an authorized dealer and so products purchased from them will not be covered by a warranty.

The good news is that we do fulfill international orders and the W2 is in stock at MusicTeck! :wink:

MusicTeck Stay updated on MusicTeck at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MusicTeckStore https://www.musicteck.com/ info@musicteck.com
Apr 29, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #2,151 of 5,299
The good news is that we do fulfill international orders and the W2 is in stock at MusicTeck! :wink:
Thanks! The problem is that you do not fulfill orders to Russia currently: I already tried to place an order on your website but got "NoshippingZone" error on checkout :frowning2:

Apr 29, 2021 at 2:35 AM Post #2,152 of 5,299
Well, mine was a lemon — the balanced output just never worked properly. I don’t know whether this is a wider problem. The 2.5mm output generally is less reliable than the 4.4mm on the W2. I don’t think I’ll buy another device with a 2.5mm output.
Yikes. Sorry that happened with your Sparrow. I've heard that the balanced output on some of them (they say they've fixed the issue, but who knows) were faulty/unreliable/had EMI problems with Android devices. I use an iPhone/Macbook, but it still seems a little risky.

I'd be planning on using the balanced output (I've heard, like @Babayagga said, that it's way better than the SE) and for a UM Mest mkII so I don't think driving power would be an issue. I haven't even bought the MEST mkii yet, partially because I'm waiting for one or two more positive reviews to come out to put me over the edge and partially because I don't know if I'm going to order them with a 2.5 or 4.4 cable hahah. Going to depend on what portable DAC I decide on.

Apr 29, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #2,153 of 5,299
This dongle DAC amplifier is very impressive. I was watching a high quality 2021 blockbuster last night and the sound was very impressive.
Certainly the W2 can extract all the micro details and the bass was kicking and it does goes low when is needed. Details, separation, big soundstage, a non fatigue sound in such a small device. Buy one and thank yourself for not spending more money on portable music player.
No wonder they sell so quickly everywhere.

Apr 29, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #2,154 of 5,299
IMG_2866 2.jpg

Well, this is probably the best $300 I've spent on audio in a while. W2 seems to match my Traillii almost perfectly! The sound synergy is also super impressive-nice soundstage width and height, a bit lacking in depth but that allows for the mids to be brought forward and a bit more musical/wet than from the more technical R8. When I am on the go, I am not critically listening anyways, so this more musical, aggressive presentation is ideal.

Highly recommend!

Apr 29, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #2,155 of 5,299
IMG_2866 2.jpg

Well, this is probably the best $300 I've spent on audio in a while. W2 seems to match my Traillii almost perfectly! The sound synergy is also super impressive-nice soundstage width and height, a bit lacking in depth but that allows for the mids to be brought forward and a bit more musical/wet than from the more technical R8. When I am on the go, I am not critically listening anyways, so this more musical, aggressive presentation is ideal.

Highly recommend!
A perfect match with your Traillii’s faceplate indeed!

Happy listening! Also, a new FW could be on the way with a Traillii-tuned EQ.

Apr 29, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #2,157 of 5,299
A perfect match with your Traillii’s faceplate indeed!

Happy listening! Also, a new FW could be on the way with a Traillii-tuned EQ.
Will they be releasing one for the MEST II? xD

Apr 29, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #2,158 of 5,299
Apr 29, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #2,160 of 5,299
So basically, any smartphone and pair that with the W2 will work wonders, right?
Saw this review: https://thepcenthusiast.com/luxury-precision-w2-usb-dac-amp-review/

“Do wonders” is subjective but in theory, yes-the dongle bypasses the smartphone DAC with its own implementation. IEM synergy will likely vary, but it seems to have nice subbass, and an upper-mids focus which helps with musicality despite very impressive general technicalities. I have limited experience with other dongles except the standard iPhone/lightning dongle. But w2 versus iPhone has larger staging and less of a V-shape, with more control in the bass regions as comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back