Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Apr 28, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #2,131 of 5,299
If it helps, I have a LG V60 running UAPP to my W2 and they work beautifully. What do you mean by no like button? I run Quboz and there are like buttons for the music and I can make all my playlists.
I use tidal with uapp and there is no like button, there is only one option at the top right corner to add the song to favorite, you don't know if a song is already in your favorite list or not. And the discover page also sucks in uapp.

Screenshot_20210428-181715_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg

Apr 28, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #2,132 of 5,299
I use tidal with uapp and there is no like button, there is only one option at the top right corner to add the song to favorite, you don't know if a song is already in your favorite list or not. And the discover page also sucks in uapp.

OK, I see what you mean now. The way I get around all that is to like all the songs and create all my playlists in the actual app (Quboz or Tidal) and then UAPP is automatically updated with it and to be totally honest, the Tidal app (not UAPP) is crap anyways. I left Tidal for Quboz both because I dislike the UI and I feel like the tracks sounded better on Quboz. I still use Spotify simply because the UI, music selection, and AI is so much better. I'm hoping the new Spotify HIFI will bring Spotify up to par with Tidal and Quboz for track quality.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #2,133 of 5,299
Electrical tape seems to be doing the job for now. But this may be my last dongle. I also had the Earmen Sparrow whose balanced connection started getting choppy after a day of use. Here it is the usb connector. Qudelix is the only dongle I had zero issues with, and I’ve had it the longest.
Which do you prefer between the Sparrow and the W2?

Edit: Whoops should have just pm'ed you about this haha

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #2,134 of 5,299
OK, I see what you mean now. The way I get around all that is to like all the songs and create all my playlists in the actual app (Quboz or Tidal) and then UAPP is automatically updated with it and to be totally honest, the Tidal app (not UAPP) is crap anyways. I left Tidal for Quboz both because I dislike the UI and I feel like the tracks sounded better on Quboz. I'm still use Spotify simply because the UI, music selection, and AI is so much better. I'm hoping the new Spotify HIFI will bring Spotify up to par with Tidal and Quboz for track quality.
Yep, spotify is always the best in terms of ui, ai, playlist. And yes, I am also using the same method: finding songs in the native app and listening to them in uapp. But the experience really sucks. That's why I kinda want to buy a fiio m11pro or other Chinese dap, they can circumvent the Android src so I don't have to use uapp anymore.

Apr 28, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #2,135 of 5,299
OK, I see what you mean now. The way I get around all that is to like all the songs and create all my playlists in the actual app (Quboz or Tidal) and then UAPP is automatically updated with it and to be totally honest, the Tidal app (not UAPP) is crap anyways. I left Tidal for Quboz both because I dislike the UI and I feel like the tracks sounded better on Quboz. I still use Spotify simply because the UI, music selection, and AI is so much better. I'm hoping the new Spotify HIFI will bring Spotify up to par with Tidal and Quboz for track quality.
Forgot to mention, I'm also eagerly waiting for spotify hifi. This is another reason for dap instead of dongles... Can't even use uapp for it, if you only have dongle then you have to listen to resampled music.

Apr 28, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #2,136 of 5,299
Yep, spotify is always the best in terms of ui, ai, playlist. And yes, I am also using the same method: finding songs in the native app and listening to them in uapp. But the experience really sucks. That's why I kinda want to buy a fiio m11pro or other Chinese dap, they can circumvent the Android src so I don't have to use uapp anymore.
I'm really torn when it comes to DAP's because the UI on them is usually terrible since the Android versions are from a few years ago and it's one more expensive battery ran device to charge and go bad. Ever since I got my W2, I haven't touched my Onkyo DP X1 ($799) other than to compare the sound. I'm now looking to sell it and I won't consider another one unless it's R2R tech or tube hybrid. I simply like having the latest Android and not having to carry around another phone-sized electronic device.
P.S. There are better options for DAP's at the FIIO price point as well depending on your tastes and the synergy with your iem collection.

Apr 28, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #2,137 of 5,299
Which do you prefer between the Sparrow and the W2?

Edit: Whoops should have just pm'ed you about this haha

No problem :)

Honestly the Sparrow crapped out so quickly that I didn’t get to enjoy it very long. I did like the balanced output on it quite a bit, but it’s hard to compare from memory. I’d say that the W2 is as good and probably better sound wise and much more practical (display, volume control, filters). Also the EMI noise is much more pronounced on the Sparrow. The Sparrow does have the size advantage — it’s tiny. And it has MQA, if that’s important to you.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #2,138 of 5,299

Honestly the Sparrow crapped out so quickly that I didn’t get to enjoy it very long. I did like the balanced output on it quite a bit, but it’s hard to compare from memory. I’d say that the W2 is as good and probably better sound wise and much more practical (display, volume control, filters). Also the EMI noise is much more pronounced on the Sparrow. The Sparrow does have the size advantage — it’s tiny.
thanks for the info! yeah I was pretty much sold on the Sparrow until I started hearing about how unreliable they can be. now that I've stumbled on the W2 maybe that's the way to go. I do prefer the look and size of the sparrow...but obviously that's not as important as SQ or the damn thing actually working :)

Apr 28, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #2,139 of 5,299
thanks for the info! yeah I was pretty much sold on the Sparrow until I started hearing about how unreliable they can be. now that I've stumbled on the W2 maybe that's the way to go. I do prefer the look and size of the sparrow...but obviously that's not as important as SQ or the damn thing actually working :)

Well, mine was a lemon — the balanced output just never worked properly. I don’t know whether this is a wider problem. The 2.5mm output generally is less reliable than the 4.4mm on the W2. I don’t think I’ll buy another device with a 2.5mm output.

Apr 28, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #2,140 of 5,299
I'm really torn when it comes to DAP's because the UI on them is usually terrible since the Android versions are from a few years ago and it's one more expensive battery ran device to charge and go bad. Ever since I got my W2, I haven't touched my Onkyo DP X1 ($799) other than to compare the sound. I'm now looking to sell it and I won't consider another one unless it's R2R tech or tube hybrid. I simply like having the latest Android and not having to carry around another phone-sized electronic device.
P.S. There are better options for DAP's at the FIIO price point as well depending on your tastes and the synergy with your iem collection.
Yeah, it's absolutely way more convenient to carry only one device.

This Android src stuff sometimes makes me want to switch back to iOS, but man the s21ultra is so much better than the iPhone.

What are the other options for dap? I watched some reviews and seems like fiio m11pro has the best system/ui. And I also heard the new version m11plus will have Snapdragon and android 10.

Apr 28, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #2,141 of 5,299

Honestly the Sparrow crapped out so quickly that I didn’t get to enjoy it very long. I did like the balanced output on it quite a bit, but it’s hard to compare from memory. I’d say that the W2 is as good and probably better sound wise and much more practical (display, volume control, filters). Also the EMI noise is much more pronounced on the Sparrow. The Sparrow does have the size advantage — it’s tiny. And it has MQA, if that’s important to you.
I don't own the Sparrow myself, but between a friend that does and the reviews I've read, the balanced out is great, but the single output is not. I think this is where the W2 would have a massive advantage because not all IEM's sound better out a balanced out and having an equally clean and powerful single output is more advantageous.

Apr 28, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #2,142 of 5,299
Yeah, it's absolutely way more convenient to carry only one device.

This Android src stuff sometimes makes me want to switch back to iOS, but man the s21ultra is so much better than the iPhone.

What are the other options for dap? I watched some reviews and seems like fiio m11pro has the best system/ui. And I also heard the new version m11plus will have Snapdragon and android 10.
The best is subjective really but which iem's would this DAP be driving? What type of sound do you like? Are you a basshead, treblehead? Do you like warm and thick sound or clinical and clean?

Apr 28, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #2,143 of 5,299
Forgot to say — you probably already know this — the Sparrow has only half the power of the W2, so depending on what you are planning on using it with, it may be the deciding factor.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #2,144 of 5,299
The best is subjective really but which iem's would this DAP be driving? What type of sound do you like? Are you a basshead, treblehead? Do you like warm and thick sound or clinical and clean?
I'm currently using thieaudio monarch and shure 846. And I like more clinical and precision sound. That's why I use custom silver cable with my 846.

Apr 28, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #2,145 of 5,299
I'm currently using thieaudio monarch and shure 846. And I like more clinical and precision sound. That's why I use custom silver cable with my 846.
Then I would suggest the Hiby R6 2020 edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Back