Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Feb 25, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #301 of 5,290
I thought they said that they would be releasing the W2 in the US first with Musictek?
Yes, it will be through Musicteck for US sales. I think Musicteck should receive their shipment of W2 from China very soon.

Feb 25, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #303 of 5,290
When will they have the pre-order sale for the W2, do you know?
Unfortunately, I don't. I think this will depend on when @MusicTeck can expect to receive their shipment. My conjecture is if the domestic shipment in mainland China is starting soon, then it shouldn't take too long for Musicteck to receive theirs. International shipping has been better lately. :)

Feb 26, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #304 of 5,290
Hi all,

I just received my W1 unit. Need to check how to we know which firmware version were on and how to download the firmware ?

I went to Luxury & Precision site and when clicking this firmware V1.0.1.3 to download it redirects me to a baidu page where I need some kind of password to login

There also a plastic on the box which seems like a barcode which I tried to google translate using phone app and I tried scanning it opens up a wechat app which I'm trying to register to login but can't at the moment.
You need to install the ISP tool.exe (it is a zip file attached) and then connect the W1 and install the firmware. I got the files directly from L&P so don't worry - they work - i did it myself ...
if you want to know the Firmware version installed actually on your W1 then you just push and hold the smaller of the two buttons and connect to the Notebook or smartphone. The device will lit up and show you your current firmware version.
If it is an older version then you just upgrade...with the files attached - if you have problems and i can help let me know.

Attachments

• LuxuryPrecision driver WHQL_1222 (1).zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Luxury-Precision-W1-USER GUIDE-EN.pdf
    206.8 KB · Views: 0
  • LuxuryPrecision_ISP_Tool.zip
    375.9 KB · Views: 0
Feb 27, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #305 of 5,290
Will W2 release the upcoming week?

Feb 27, 2021 at 4:07 AM Post #307 of 5,290
Yesterday they posted an interesting article about the W2 on their weibo (link):

Last year to now, we have received the most question: "When will W2 come out?" It has been several months since W2 was first shown in the third-party test, but it has not been listed. Is the reason for his low production efficiency? Now we can give the answer: In order to better user experience and product quality control, on the one hand, we send engineering prototypes to fans for internal testing and keep receiving feedback. On the other hand, we make improvements and adjustments based on these feedbacks. , The goal of all work is to present W2 in the best possible state. Let me introduce to you the 3 "goodies" we did during this time.

1. "Le Instrument" -self-developed precision instruments to solve QC problems

In the second half of last year, W2 was unveiled in a third-party laboratory with amazing results. The complete test link is as follows: https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/332003911 The distortion is less than -118 decibels, even better than the CS43198 flagship DAC chip it uses The typical value is good 3 decibels. Even in the desktop decoder, this score can be ranked in the top few. But at the same time it brings us a problem: the current AP2722 distortion used in Lepi production testing can only be more accurate at -112 decibels, and W2's "explosive meter" performance poses new challenges for factory testing.

Fortunately, we have considered the challenge of R&D and production equipment with better and better performance of HIFI equipment in the past few years. We have already begun to design and develop a new generation of testing instruments, and finally completed the equipment development at the end of last year. Lepi's newly developed equipment can detect distortion up to -125 decibels, which is even better than the current top-level instrument APX555B. With this self-developed instrument, it is finally possible to eliminate the biggest obstacle in the mass production of W2. Lao Wan joked that this machine is finally worthy of the company name (Lebi Precision Instrument)!

006lQCbXgy1go0oj7d0cuj312w0l914k.png

2. " Music Tuning"-" Nice + Enduring " dual-mode switching

With the ideal performance foundation, will it be able to meet our requirements and be favored by all fans? Of course not. Lebi always believes that the indicators are objective, but the sense of hearing is very subjective and difficult to adjust. In the past few months, senior enthusiasts gave us a lot of feedback and suggestions during the closed beta. Thank you very much!

006lQCbXgy1go0ozd5y5yj30es0xck5t.png

Under your suggestion, after repeated discussions, we decided to adjust the architecture on the original basis, add a set of hardware, and design two listening modes: one set has a more subtle sense of hearing, and the other set can make the audiophiles not listen for a long time. Tired, this is "music tuning". The fans in the closed beta agree that it is very good. I believe that the advent of this framework can solve the most empathetic problems of many fans.

006lQCbXgy1go0ojkqbv1j30ri0metoy.jpg

Google translated the pic:
Tune: 01 has a more relaxed voice, popular and other modes with the human voice as the main track.
Tune: 02 has a more refined sound, a complex pattern represented by the symphony.

71f1e3ealy4gnwq3pz1f8j20u01c2q6r.jpg

3. "Le Wire"-Let the mobile phone + W 2 thrust release to MAX

The difficulty of Little Tail's "good voice" lies in power supply, power supply and power supply. During the research and development process, we have received a lot of feedback from fans: many small tails that claim to have high thrust have good thrust when connected to a PC, but even mobile phones, especially the iPhone series, are affected by the power supply of the mobile phones. Said thrust is much lower. The specific performance is: the louder volume will pop. We have investigated the mainstream matching of small tails in the market, and most of the usage scenarios are connected to mobile phones. If an external small tail has a smaller actual thrust than the mobile phone, then this product is not an unnecessary move? Therefore, solving the power supply problem of the mobile phone connection scene is the top priority.

To solve this problem, we can only start from two parts:

1. How to bypass mobile phone power supply restrictions in W2 circuit design ?[/JUSTIFY]
2. How to make a new wire that matches W2 full blood output ?

During this period of time, we have completed the corresponding work non-stop. The specific technical details will not be described in detail. We will only report the final result: when paired with headphones with a load of 32 ohms or more, even if you connect the latest version of iPhone and other mobile phones with power supply restrictions, Can reach or close to the maximum volume (thrust) without breaking the sound, which means that the mobile phone + W2 can also enjoy the "full blood output", which should be rare on the market, and can truly enable Apple, mobile phone users, to experience the "brick-level" "The "little tail" of thrust.

006lQCbXgy1go0okedccyj30ri0minnd.png

Google translated the pic: Multiple optimizations of the circuit and the new research wire W2 is a small tail that can make Apple and Android phones reach the "MAX" volume (thrust).

Of course, whether all the above work is effective, only you have the final say. Regarding the launch time of W2, Lao Wan only said five words: "It should be next week." Then, thank you again, and more W2 listing news, stay tuned!

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #310 of 5,290
Wow.. This one looks pretty good! Do anybody knownif they have released any specs yet? Is it open for preorder somewhere? Will hifigogo sell it?

Feb 27, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #311 of 5,290
I believe the longer bar on the side is for volume control, and the shorter bar is for EQ adjustment. Not sure how sensitive/insensitive these buttons are. Will definitely test it and report when it launches. I will also keep an eye on the reviews from the first group of users in China.
I use a W1 and the volume button is indeed the longer one - which is perfectly subtile from 0 to 100% and very finely adjustable. No issue whatsoever. The smaller button is for flipping through the menues and in those instances the longer button increases or decreases the values or in other cases flips through the choices. User guide attached.
I am sure the W2 will be as simple and nicely to use

Attachments

• Luxury-Precision-W1-USER GUIDE-EN.pdf
    206.8 KB · Views: 0
Feb 27, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #312 of 5,290
I use a W1 and the volume button is indeed the longer one - which is perfectly subtile from 0 to 100% and very finely adjustable. No issue whatsoever. The smaller button is for flipping through the menues and in those instances the longer button increases or decreases the values or in other cases flips through the choices. User guide attached.
I am sure the W2 will be as simple and nicely to use

What are the EQ settings on the W1?

Feb 27, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #314 of 5,290
Have anyone here tested W2? I want to know more of it! Whats the price gonna be? Originally i was going for Khadas tone 2 pro or Topping E30/L30 to use as a dac/amp for IEMs with Roon.

What do u guys think about this W2 with IEMs? Im using U12T

Users who are viewing this thread

Back