Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 8, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #571 of 5,290
that is french to french ... although i am just a "live in" happening to live in France. Let me know if the rescue driver works - shame if your wonderful W1 would be stuck... If you don't succeed let me know - where there is a will there is a way !
Ok I will advise you

Mar 8, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #572 of 5,290
that is french to french ... although i am just a "live in" happening to live in France. Let me know if the rescue driver works - shame if your wonderful W1 would be stuck... If you don't succeed let me know - where there is a will there is a way !
Thank you so much my Friend and thanks to all of you here for your help. My W1 is working and in the last firmware which I Can now check when I plugin my W1. Before it was impossible

Mar 8, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #573 of 5,290
Probably just outside of China.

L&P is a fairly well established brand in China and already has quite a few local authorized dealers. Chinese market is quite different from international market. Usually you'll get 7 days to return the item back to the seller for any immediate problem, either for refund or exchange, then any product support afterward is handled by the manufacturer directly. This is common practice for almost all audio brands in China - FiiO, iBasso, Hiby, etc.
Well the Hifigo.com just wrote me that they can ship W2 - i am really confused as to what is going on. Is it possible that a NOT authorized dealer has the items earlier than the authorized one ? Does not seem logic to me - or is it something to be put into the chapter "Chinese mysteries" ?

Mar 8, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #574 of 5,290
Well the Hifigo.com just wrote me that they can ship W2 - i am really confused as to what is going on. Is it possible that a NOT authorized dealer has the items earlier than the authorized one ? Does not seem logic to me - or is it something to be put into the chapter "Chinese mysteries" ?
The first w2 ordered in hifigo, it's me 🤣... Serious seller

Mar 8, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #575 of 5,290
It seems to me that Hifigo simply buys LP’s product like regular Chinese users, and then arrange their own shipment. Users in mainland China will receive their items as early as tomorrow.

Musicteck, on the other hand, receives a bulk order from LP. Their expected shipping time (this Friday) is considering that LP will ship it to them tomorrow and they should hopefully receive it by Friday if the custom process goes well.

Mar 8, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #576 of 5,290
I have much power with the New firmware. The sound is amazing !

Mar 8, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #577 of 5,290
I have much power with the New firmware. The sound is amazing !
Can you briefly compare to some other DAC/DAP you have used before what especially you like with your W1?

Mar 8, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #578 of 5,290
Can you briefly compare to some other DAC/DAP you have used before what especially you like with your W1?
the w1 has a very detailed sound with a nice neutrality. the bass is punchy, crisp. the mediums perfectly transcribed. we have a very nice recovery of the details with a high level voice reproduction. we can hear the words well, it's clear, precise. the separation of the instruments is very good. precise treble without unnecessary emphasis as is the case with the btr5 which makes my dk2001 a bit aggressive in the high frequencies. with the w1, it's soft, precise. the dk2001 express themselves wonderfully with. looks like they were made for this w1. a real pleasure. the btr5 looks muddy, boomy but unrefined. in short, the sound is crisp, musical, detailed and with great precision. the btr5 is pitiful in comparison. otherwise I don't have a DAP, I don't like it. i have a 16th meizu which is good but of course can't wrestle ....

Mar 8, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #579 of 5,290
It seems to me that Hifigo simply buys LP’s product like regular Chinese users, and then arrange their own shipment. Users in mainland China will receive their items as early as tomorrow.

Musicteck, on the other hand, receives a bulk order from LP. Their expected shipping time (this Friday) is considering that LP will ship it to them tomorrow and they should hopefully receive it by Friday if the custom process goes well.
oho - customs ... my favorite.. well - i bought from Musicteck and remain patient.

Mar 8, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #581 of 5,290
I am so happy that you managed to fix it. And also I would like to thank the member who shared the important file.
What is your new firmware number and when was it released if you know.
Thanks. It's the latest firmware W1_V1.0.1.3_AS. I can't Say when it was released but it's new. Didn't see before 2 weeks later

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #583 of 5,290
Je pensais que c'était le firmware avec lequel il venait de l'usine. Quoi qu'il en soit, votre situation a une fin h
the firmware that was on my w1 has nothing to do with the one I have. the w1 is more powerful, I go less high in volume and the sound is even better. in addition, i could not check the firmware number before updating. I can now when I plug in the w1 by pressing the mode selector button. really weird

Mar 8, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #584 of 5,290
Sounds like we might have to update W2 firmware too once we receive it, though I assume these should already have the newest firmware as they are all fesh from factory?
We will see...

Mar 8, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #585 of 5,290
nice to hear WB79 that you managed to fix your W1 problem. So the recovery RAR that I sent you was that the thing that changed it ? I am just curious because L&P had provide me a lot of files and data end of January and so for me I did not even need most of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back