Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Jan 1, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #32 of 5,290
The measurements are also better with W2 due to having two chips. For the design and general functionality they are the same.
Then the question is if those better measurements also make for noticeably better sound.

Jan 1, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #33 of 5,290
They posted 3 devices, one looks amazing in orange and black (one of my favorite color combinations)

ordered w1 from hifigo, only thing I hate with all my guts is when something is listed “in stock” and it’s actually back ordered...
Where did you see the orange and black one?

Jan 1, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #34 of 5,290
Then the question is if those better measurements also make for noticeably better sound.
True. Hopefully we can get some impressions very soon. :)

Jan 1, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #36 of 5,290
Here, but I think it’s the same one though. As well in other science oriented forum the test user received 3 I think...
I thought that one with wood on the backside is the P6 Pro DAP.

Jan 7, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #39 of 5,290
Waiting for the W2 to come out because I'm a person for good measurements
Good measurement is always desirable IMO. :) Can’t wait for it to be released.

Jan 7, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #41 of 5,290
L&P is very silent about when W2 will be released?
Last time they told me was that it will be in January. Shipping to US seems to be a big issue with COVID getting worse over time...

Jan 8, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #43 of 5,290
Ootb

Oem Cables are pretty good, even though it ain’t braided, they feel quite good, rubbery feel but kinda gives security since they are going to be flexing in pockets.

sound
3.5 jack (cause im lazy to get my 4.4 cable right now) WOW! Sound wise it’s quite organic, I’m testing with imr pb2 (one of the most source dependent pairs I own) and sound is quite impressive, though soundstage feels a wee small (again, im on my iPhone with a 3.5 Jack)

Plenty of options for eq (staying on normal or no eq right now) high and low gain really similar to ltps1 (low for highly sensible iems) Dac filter options as well (slow, fast, ll slow, ll fast) Option to shut down the screen and a hid button option (thats the only thing i have no idea what is it for...) I’m quite impressed with it, will report in a couple of days.

quick edit: plugged to my laptop, as ltp s1, it just got better... WAY better

quick edit 2: this thing is worth every penny, damn... leave alone the measurements and the numbers, Master of Puppets (studio Track) just ... DAMN! the earman sparrow and e1da 9038s g3 are good... but this thing WOW... seriously... and im still in 3.5... the headroom and the background are outstanding and the presentation is just impressive. im saying this cause the pb2 has been a pain in the butt to drive properly, and ive been playing around with iems all week long (thanks lockdown) and with this, i can hear Cliff in all its splendor, im just a/b 'ing with ztella and xduoo xd05+ the L&P makes em dust

Attachments

• 4ED5A0AD-D422-4243-94BE-0805B0133F26.jpeg
    4ED5A0AD-D422-4243-94BE-0805B0133F26.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 42904385-DF26-4BBC-9AE7-EE8554FF3092.jpeg
    42904385-DF26-4BBC-9AE7-EE8554FF3092.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 8, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #44 of 5,290
Ootb

Oem Cables are pretty good, even though it ain’t braided, they feel quite good, rubbery feel but kinda gives security since they are going to be flexing in pockets.

sound
3.5 jack (cause im lazy to get my 4.4 cable right now) WOW! Sound wise it’s quite organic, I’m testing with imr pb2 (one of the most source dependent pairs I own) and sound is quite impressive, though soundstage feels a wee small (again, im on my iPhone with a 3.5 Jack)

Plenty of options for eq (staying on normal or no eq right now) high and low gain really similar to ltps1 (low for highly sensible iems) Dac filter options as well (slow, fast, ll slow, ll fast) Option to shut down the screen and a hid button option (thats the only thing i have no idea what is it for...) I’m quite impressed with it, will report in a couple of days.

quick edit: plugged to my laptop, as ltp s1, it just got better... WAY better
Thanks sod sharing!!! The W1 looks amazing. Now I want it even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back