Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Jan 1, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #4,441 of 5,290
Happy new year guys!

So my W2-131 just came in the mail. But it couldn't seem to work with my phone (iphone 12 Pro), the screen on the W2-131 was still on whenever I plugged it in, but no sound coming out at all on my headphones? Is my W2 defected or anyone know how to fix this? Thank you guys.
try a different cable if you can. I have a different dongle that exhibits the same behavior you describe. switching to a different cable is my rememdy

Jan 1, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #4,442 of 5,290
Happy new year guys!

So my W2-131 just came in the mail. But it couldn't seem to work with my phone (iphone 12 Pro), the screen on the W2-131 was still on whenever I plugged it in, but no sound coming out at all on my headphones? Is my W2 defected or anyone know how to fix this? Thank you guys.
What app are you using on your iPhone? Does the W2 show up under output options?

Jan 1, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #4,443 of 5,290
What app are you using on your iPhone? Does the W2 show up under output options?
I was listening to Apple music, I’m away at the moment so I’ll check it again as you suggested. I only tried it for about roughly 15 minutes so I’m really confused.
D2FF56D1-C329-4A0F-9AAE-6F405F885851.jpeg

try a different cable if you can. I have a different dongle that exhibits the same behavior you describe. switching to a different cable is my rememdy

I was using DDhifi Mfi06, haven’t tried the included Lightning to USB-C yet, it’s so weird though, is this what’s called the “drop-out” issue? I wonder is it because my phone was low on battery? Is this a common problem with you guys, I’m kinda worried now.

Also, should I set volume my iPhone to max volume when connecting to the W2? I thought we should set phone on low volume when connecting with a dongle so I only had like 10- volume on iPhone when I first connected to the W2, could it have been the problem? I only heard sound coming out from my phone, instead of my headphones in this case.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #4,444 of 5,290
I was listening to Apple music, I’m away at the moment so I’ll check it again as you suggested. I only tried it for about roughly 15 minutes so I’m really confused.

I was using DDhifi Mfi06, haven’t tried the included Lightning to USB-C yet, it’s so weird though, is this what’s called the “drop-out” issue? I wonder is it because my phone was low on battery? Is this a common problem with you guys, I’m kinda worried now.

Also, should I set volume my iPhone to max volume when connecting to the W2? I thought we should set phone on low volume when connecting with a dongle so I only had like 10- volume on iPhone when I first connected to the W2, could it have been the problem? I only heard sound coming out from my phone, instead of my headphones in this case.
with HID enabled your volume will be controlled by the phone. with HID disabled you can adjust the volume directly from the W2

Jan 1, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #4,446 of 5,290
Just click on the AirPlay icon (at the bottom in the center). The W2 should show up in the list of options.

IMG_0662EF4D8C35-1.jpegIMG_0662EF4D8C35-2.jpeg

Oh I see, thank you, will definitely try this when I get home. So I guess playing from phone was by default in my case, instead of the W2?

with HID enabled your volume will be controlled by the phone. with HID disabled you can adjust the volume directly from the W2

Thank you for the tip. Though I think I’ll stick to HID being disabled. In this case, which volume level on iPhone would you guys recommend setting to? Max or Min?

Jan 1, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #4,447 of 5,290

That Dd Hifi cable has direction to it. Did you connect it in the right direction?

Jan 1, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #4,448 of 5,290
Oh I see, thank you, will definitely try this when I get home. So I guess playing from phone was by default in my case, instead of the W2?

Thank you for the tip. Though I think I’ll stick to HID being disabled. In this case, which volume level on iPhone would you guys recommend setting to? Max or Min?
I believe that when HID is off, the iPhone's volume control is bypassed. It shouldn't make any difference where it is set.

Jan 1, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #4,449 of 5,290
Which sounding u prefer w2 or W2 131?

And how to update the firmware?

Firmware update guide is ion the first page of this thread.

As for W2 vs. W2-131, I think have already put in enough time to form my opinion - I do prefer W2 over W2-131 (*both were listened under the same firmware, same setting, same headphones with matched volume). W2 is clean, transparent, specious, articulate yet well controlled. W3-131 on the other hand has slightly richer and denser texture with a more upfront presentation, but lose a bit of the transparency and space. The best description I can come up with, is that listening to W2 is like listening to music performance alone in a grant concert hall, while listening to W2-131 is like listening to music in a jazz clue. The former let you feel the grandness of music and almost forget about the location (*DAC/amp) itself; the latter gives you the intimacy of the musicians but also a bit extra from the surrounding that to me is a bit of distraction. That's actually the biggest reason (*regardless of any technical capabilities) why I don't rate RU-6 higher than both the W2. If W2-131 gives me a small distraction, than RU-6 is definitely a much bigger distraction as the warmth and richness of the R-2R sound put me front and center into the music as if I was in the recording studio with them. Great if engagement and immersion is what you are looking for, but the tranquility / transformative power of the music itself is lost as the presentation (or should I say the heavy present of the DAC/amp itself) becomes more pronouns. Not to say the engagement / immersion can't be fun at times. but the end of the day I guess I like to be transformed by the music more than to be transferred into the music - and thus my preference toward W2.

Jan 2, 2022 at 12:55 AM Post #4,452 of 5,290
Is this the latest version of the firmware 102? As I refer back to page 1 the details of the number seems to be different 🤔.
Latest is v1.0.3.6AS

Jan 2, 2022 at 1:09 AM Post #4,454 of 5,290
I press the 2 button before insert the usb and it show only 102. am i doing it right?
102 means you have entered the maintenance mode. To check your FW version, do the following.

To check your current FW version. Unplug your W1/W2 first. Then, keep holding the shorter of the two bottoms and plug the device into your PC. The device’s screen will display your current FW version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back