Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Jul 3, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #1,261 of 1,603
  A few L&P L3s are already starting to show up in the FOR SALE forum here...likely because of the FW issues IMO. It's a shame because it's an otherwise great DAP.
redface.gif

Another possibility would be for profit since I saw a few selling more than those at IGG soon after those units for IGG were shipped.

Jul 4, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #1,263 of 1,603
Who would have thought, the mighty Zeus-R shines with an underdog L3
wink.gif
  Probably the best pair up I found for Z-R (and no hissing!!!).

Jul 4, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #1,265 of 1,603

Who would have thought, the mighty Zeus-R shines with an underdog L3
wink.gif
  Probably the best pair up I found for Z-R (and no hissing!!!).

You're using the PO and not bal out?

It's all IEM/CIEM dependent.  Z-R already comes bundled with a premium BTG-Audio Starlight SPC cable terminated with 3.5mm trs connector, as you can see in the picture.  I tested this combo also with my TWau v3 cable which is bal terminated with se adapter (refines the sound, but with Z-R falls into category of diminishing returns unless you have unlimited funds to spend :wink:).  With Z-R + TWau v3 in particular, while testing SE vs BAL the only advantage of balanced output is a power boost and a little wider soundstage (depth/height are the same).  Z-R is holographic-wide to begin with, and pushing it further makes imaging a bit distracting and not as natural.  Also, no need for extra power, Z-R is efficient.  Thus, SE output is just perfect and I can stick with a stock cable.  Btw, using mp3 (320kbps) and FLACs for testing.  With DSD128, I can hear some improvement in resolution while listening from bal output, but I only have a small handful of hi-res audio since I mostly listen to edm and top40 rather than classical :wink:

Jul 4, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #1,266 of 1,603

It's all IEM/CIEM dependent.  Z-R already comes bundled with a premium BTG-Audio Starlight SPC cable terminated with 3.5mm trs connector, as you can see in the picture.  I tested this combo also with my TWau v3 cable which is bal terminated with se adapter (refines the sound, but with Z-R falls into category of diminishing returns unless you have unlimited funds to spend :wink:).  With Z-R + TWau v3 in particular, while testing SE vs BAL the only advantage of balanced output is a power boost and a little wider soundstage (depth/height are the same).  Z-R is holographic-wide to begin with, and pushing it further makes imaging a bit distracting and not as natural.  Also, no need for extra power, Z-R is efficient.  Thus, SE output is just perfect and I can stick with a stock cable.  Btw, using mp3 (320kbps) and FLACs for testing.  With DSD128, I can hear some improvement in resolution while listening from bal output, but I only have a small handful of hi-res audio since I mostly listen to edm and top40 rather than classical :wink:

Such a long post 
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 4, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #1,267 of 1,603

Such a long post 
tongue_smile.gif

such a short reply to my "such a long post"
tongue.gif

Jul 5, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #1,271 of 1,603
another option to free the "power" of L3 is a 5 dollars balanced monk plus. Wait till u listen to this combo before u call L3 an underdog...

Tony, I don't want to rehash the old topic, but please keep in mind that you are using L3 prototype, unless you switched to production model.  Sorry to say, but your balanced output impression using prototype L3 model will not be applicable to others who use final production model.  But either way, I'm also looking forward to check out M+ balanced, should be coming my way soon...

Jul 6, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #1,272 of 1,603
Tony, I don't want to rehash the old topic, but please keep in mind that you are using L3 prototype, unless you switched to production model.  Sorry to say, but your balanced output impression using prototype L3 model will not be applicable to others who use final production model.  But either way, I'm also looking forward to check out M+ balanced, should be coming my way soon...
thats why i only suggest M+, a $5 test is not a big risk, right?

Jul 6, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #1,275 of 1,603
Firmware 1.0.0.2 is out! Go and update your L3's people!

1.0.0.2 was out 4 months ago and all new production L3s already came with it pre-loaded.  http://www.luxuryprecision.net/xiazai/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back