Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
May 1, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #874 of 1,603
  I noticed that every time I play a song or skip next, there is a short short distortion, like a bump or slight distortion on the very first second of a music file. Any one here having the same problem? Any fix? Running at FW 1.0.0.2 @JohnYang how about yours? @twister6?

Is it a clicky sound? If it is, it is the noise made from switch between two oscillators.

May 1, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #875 of 1,603
I was asking Cryo that question to see if it might help with his USB noise problem.

I've tried it as well. It helped... A bit. Haha still having weird noises, likely from the ground. I can even hear difference in the pitch of the noise when I plug my computer to an external lcd screen and change the brightness setting. So it's really bad.

Curious enough these problems aren't so bad with my Centrance Dacport Lx. I suspect the dacport lx has some ground cleaning circuit built in. Even more interesting is that when I connect the dacport to the computer whilst connecting the L3 to the computer and switching between the two, the noises go away.

May 1, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #876 of 1,603
I noticed that every time I play a song or skip next, there is a short short distortion, like a bump or slight distortion on the very first second of a music file. Any one here having the same problem? Any fix? Running at FW 1.0.0.2 @JohnYang
how about yours? @twister6
?

Is it like a thump when changing a track? I just sold my dx80 because according to ibasso it happens in all cs4398 dacs.This was the next player I was interested in but if it has the same problem because of the dac used, I'll have to look elsewhere.

May 1, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #878 of 1,603
Is it like a thump when changing a track? I just sold my dx80 because according to ibasso it happens in all cs4398 dacs.This was the next player I was interested in but if it has the same problem because of the dac used, I'll have to look elsewhere.

like I said earlier, can't seem to find the right word to describe that distortion. probably it may sound like a thump. but it definitely distorts the very first split second of the track. It doesn't seem to affect all track, and it's not random either. it only affects specific tracks.

May 1, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #879 of 1,603

like I said earlier, can't seem to find the right word to describe that distortion. probably it may sound like a thump. but it definitely distorts the very first split second of the track. It doesn't seem to affect all track, and it's not random either. it only affects specific tracks.

I am pretty sure it is the oscillators if you are changing between songs at different sample rate.

May 2, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #884 of 1,603
I sure hope so, as I have a lot of AAC files...

It eats up more space than is really necessary, but you could always transcode to FLAC.

It also plays back mp3, but not ogg vorbis.

Transcoding from lossy - lossy is more of a problem though as it gets even more lossy :/

AAC -> FLAC doesn't lose anything. AAC (lossy) is converted to WAV (lossless), then WAV is converted to FLAC (also lossless). Goes really fast on a modern computer, so you won't waste too much time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back