Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Apr 27, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #841 of 1,603
As a new L3 owner and having used the L3 for two weeks, I have to say, other than a few small bugs,  it's a great music player.  I had an issue with Apple lossless files but just converted them.  I'm told that will be addressed in a future firmware update.  I recently downloaded an album in DSD format and it plays beautifully. I sometimes have a problem with dragging and dropping a whole album over to the player.  It freezes about halfway through.  I have to stop it and restart the process by dragging and dropping one or two files at a time. Then it loads fine.  But, overall, it was a good investment for the promotion price.  I usually use SE535's or B&W C5's with volume to spare.

Apr 27, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #842 of 1,603
  The shuffle function doesn't seems to work right for me, have been using it for half a week and I noticed only the same batch of songs will play (maybe about 100 out of 700+ of my songs?). Sometimes the shuffling won't work too if I skip the song too fast, so it will play the next track from the list instead of random (unless I have such luck that it happened to me almost 10 times in a row even when shuffled correctly)

HAHAHAHA about time some one notice this problem.

No, it is not your luck, I think there have been people complaining about the algorithm L&P used for shuffle mode. I think they already notice this problem and plan to address it in future.

Apr 27, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #844 of 1,603

No, it is not your luck, I think there have been people complaining about the algorithm L&P used for shuffle mode. I think they already notice this problem and plan to address it in future.

Isn't this a problem for a multitude of players? I have the same issue with my FiiO DAPs. It just seems they shuffle the same small subset of songs.

Apr 27, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #845 of 1,603

Isn't this a problem for a multitude of players? I have the same issue with my FiiO DAPs. It just seems they shuffle the same small subset of songs.

I have a feeling that it might be because of the framework used for the system. I think I have encountered this type of problem once during my student times where randomizing is not really random at all 

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #846 of 1,603
I have a feeling that it might be because of the framework used for the system. I think I have encountered this type of problem once during my student times where randomizing is not really random at all 

The problem is true randomness is hard to achieve and software uses pseudo random number generators. If the use the same seed is used then the same selection of songs will be chosen, which appears to be random the first time, but will always be the same going forward.

There are ways around this but it is a pretty newbie error...

Apr 27, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #847 of 1,603
I am not a huge expert on this so I can't really comment much myself 
tongue.gif

But one of the "solution" could be that they do the same why that poweramp and google play music does which is to shuffle/randomize the whole playlist instead of shuffling after every single next/back button press so as to prevent getting back the same song again and again

Apr 28, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #849 of 1,603
  For the L3 Balance output. Is it the same termination as this? http://www.head-fi.org/t/704698/lightbox/post/10784068/id/1168146 AK240 balance output

Yes, A&K style 2.5mm TRRS termination.

Apr 28, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #850 of 1,603

Yeah, I reported it with the L5Pro as well. Some days it's a good playlist, other days not so 
biggrin.gif

The Cayin N5 shows the same behaviour, I can't say it is noticeable that much with any of my other players (about 15)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back