Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Apr 25, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #826 of 1,603
  About the DAC functionality, y selected usb audi and pluged the L# to my pc (windows 10), no new hardware was found, so a couldn't use the L3 as a DAC, no ound was reproduce through it.
Any tips?
PS:I really liked the sound, cant wait for the firmware update ;D

Are you using desktop or laptop? Also, avoid using USB 3.0 or front USB port for USB DAC too.

Apr 26, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #828 of 1,603
  Desktop, pretty sure i tested it on a 2.0 port. I'll do it again tonight.

I'm using it fine from a USB 3.0 port, you need to set the USB connection in the settings to DAC mode, not MISC mode. 

Also, i maxed the volume from the player before plugging in. Not sure if that helped. 

However, not sure if this is just me but i'm having a delay when using it in USB DAC mode. Like when i play a song, there is a delay before the DAC generates the signal. Not sure if it's a firmware issue but i hope it will be fixed. The delay is acceptable when you are just listening to music... Though for me personally i tend to use my DAC for everything on my com, gaming etc - where having a delay in your audio can mean a lot in a competitive environment. 

I'll let it burn in for a while and see if anything improves. Doubt it's my com problem cause everything works fine with my DACport LX. 

Apr 26, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #829 of 1,603
  Desktop, pretty sure i tested it on a 2.0 port. I'll do it again tonight.

One more thing, do check your "Playback devices". My L3 came up as "USB Audio Device" and i had to select it as primary output device.(It's not automatic unlike my DACport)

Apr 26, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #830 of 1,603

I'm using it fine from a USB 3.0 port, you need to set the USB connection in the settings to DAC mode, not MISC mode. 

Also, i maxed the volume from the player before plugging in. Not sure if that helped. 

However, not sure if this is just me but i'm having a delay when using it in USB DAC mode. Like when i play a song, there is a delay before the DAC generates the signal. Not sure if it's a firmware issue but i hope it will be fixed. The delay is acceptable when you are just listening to music... Though for me personally i tend to use my DAC for everything on my com, gaming etc - where having a delay in your audio can mean a lot in a competitive environment. 

I'll let it burn in for a while and see if anything improves. Doubt it's my com problem cause everything works fine with my DACport LX. 

I have this problem as well. I have set the delay to "short delay" on the USB side, but there is still a noticeable delay, which is a little annoying because it is enough to cause people's lips to desync from their speech when watching videos.

I suspect this is because the "delay" setting has some crazy some latency for buffering.

I am also using it fine from the USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 port.

Apr 26, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #831 of 1,603

I have this problem as well. I have set the delay to "short delay" on the USB side, but there is still a noticeable delay, which is a little annoying because it is enough to cause people's lips to desync from their speech when watching videos.

I suspect this is because the "delay" setting has some crazy some latency for buffering.

I am also using it fine from the USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 port.

I haven't changed any other settings, i'll go try the "short delay" and let you know how that goes. Can't play any FPS games with this right now heh

Apr 26, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #832 of 1,603
Ok, just a small update, I've found and tried the "short delay" setting and found it to be MUCH better. There is still a noticeable delay but it's not as bad. 

Apr 26, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #834 of 1,603
Agree the short delay is still too long and there should be a minimum latency setting.

One more thing, i noticed a significant amount of noise when using it on USB DAC mode. 

Edit: Update, noise issues is due to noisy USB power from my computer.

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #836 of 1,603

One more thing, i noticed a significant amount of noise when using it on USB DAC mode. 

Edit: Update, noise issues is due to noisy USB power from my computer.

Yes I usually use the back USB ports for less noises. There are some motherboard that offers "discrete and shielded" USB ports(might just be some marketing crap), that might help with minimizing noises. In the end, you can also use one of those USB filters like Audioquest is offering.

Apr 27, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #837 of 1,603
The shuffle function doesn't seems to work right for me, have been using it for half a week and I noticed only the same batch of songs will play (maybe about 100 out of 700+ of my songs?). Sometimes the shuffling won't work too if I skip the song too fast, so it will play the next track from the list instead of random (unless I have such luck that it happened to me almost 10 times in a row even when shuffled correctly)

Apr 27, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #838 of 1,603
I haven't been in this thread for a long time. My L3 works just fine, volume know is perfect as well. I'm not complaining about everything (but then again, I am used to the L5Pro's UI already)
The L3 sounds sublime on balanced. Best balanced DAP for my monitors so far.

Apr 27, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #839 of 1,603
I haven't been in this thread for a long time. My L3 works just fine, volume know is perfect as well. I'm not complaining about everything (but then again, I am used to the L5Pro's UI already)
The L3 sounds sublime on balanced. Best balanced DAP for my monitors so far.

I think none of us have any real complaints about the sound quality (esp at the indiegogo price!), its just the UI and functionality bugs that are itksome and should be easily fixable.

Apr 27, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #840 of 1,603
Yes I usually use the back USB ports for less noises. There are some motherboard that offers "discrete and shielded" USB ports(might just be some marketing crap), that might help with minimizing noises. In the end, you can also use one of those USB filters like Audioquest is offering.

Problem is the USB noise from my computer is so bad that I don't think even the audio quest will help much. Might have to get a proper USB power supply like the ifi iUSB3.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back