Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Apr 23, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #812 of 1,603
  Does anyone else have an issue with sorting while using the Directory view?  I notice that music I added in one session is sorted alphabetically, but then music I added to the card on another day follows the original group.  Is there a way to flush the database and have it rebuild from scratch?  Using "Update media library..." doesn't seem to work.  The tracks are all there, but the sorting is pretty odd.

Just turned mine on for the first time and this was my first observation.  I was amazed when the Fiio M3 couldn't sort, but at this price, this is obscene!  It's going back in the box until they take a few minutes to look up how to code a sort.  This think isn't even beta yet. Alpha at best.  A very sick joke.

Apr 23, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #813 of 1,603
   It's going back in the box until they take a few minutes to look up how to code a sort. 

I can't help but 
etysmile.gif
 at this for some reason 
etysmile.gif

Apr 23, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #814 of 1,603
For sorting you have to download a program called drivesort or similar thing to physically order the drive in alphabetical order rather than the order it is written onto the disk. Agree it is very annoying to have to do this.

Apr 23, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #816 of 1,603
Just turned mine on for the first time and this was my first observation.  I was amazed when the Fiio M3 couldn't sort, but at this price, this is obscene!  It's going back in the box until they take a few minutes to look up how to code a sort.  This think isn't even beta yet. Alpha at best.  A very sick joke.

Well, now I'm starting to regret getting it so early. I hate having to deal with these small problems..it just ruins the whole experience.

Apr 23, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #817 of 1,603
The thing with this sorting is that, keep it as it is or changing it to sort alphabetically will upset a lot of people either way. There are people who get used to sorted by create-time; and to find recently added file, you just have to press previous page to navigate to end of the list.

To be honest, I think the best plan for L&P is to implement sort by naming and have it as a config option, and then implement a recently added list or something.

Apr 24, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #819 of 1,603
What woodies or cans drive this player to full potential?

Tried Vmoda M100 didnt like it. With my esw9 sounds pretty good but not till wow wow fantastic.

So looking at something better. ESw990H is very good with vocals and music but full force at all the highs and hiss when volume turned slightly loud.

I must say L3 is a superb player but downside is battery life not that fantastic and heat up pretty fast as compared to Sony A25....as i'm playing wav not flac.

But of course Sony A25 cant beat this portable yet amazing player...and can be used as DAC according to what I know from the seller.

** Usually for me I will just rip in folders and browse by folders from my memory card....makes things easier.

Apr 24, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #820 of 1,603

Quote:

** Usually for me I will just rip in folders and browse by folders from my memory card....makes things easier.

Except in this case that if you do this it is and copy a bunch of folders onto your sdcard, there is no real order because it shows up purely in the order they were copied onto the sdcard.

On Android/iPhone compatibility:

- works with iPhone

- does not work with my Xperia Z2 (with UAPP installed). The L3 goes into USB DAC mode, but no sound comes out ...

Apr 25, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #822 of 1,603
@JohnYang can you provide a link or describe what kind of SPDIF cable the L3 uses?

I have one that is compatible with my DX50, but this does not appear to work with the L3.

Edit: Also if anyone has had any success using Android as a transport would you describe how you got it to work please? It is especially puzzling that it works with the iPAD (with CCK) but not my Z2 :frowning2:

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #824 of 1,603
  @JohnYang can you provide a link or describe what kind of SPDIF cable the L3 uses?

I have one that is compatible with my DX50, but this does not appear to work with the L3.

Edit: Also if anyone has had any success using Android as a transport would you describe how you got it to work please? It is especially puzzling that it works with the iPAD (with CCK) but not my Z2 :frowning2:

Starting from tips end   < Left | Right | SPDIF | Gound |-------     (text virtual plug XD

Apr 25, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #825 of 1,603
About the DAC functionality, y selected usb audi and pluged the L# to my pc (windows 10), no new hardware was found, so a couldn't use the L3 as a DAC, no ound was reproduce through it.
Any tips?
PS:I really liked the sound, cant wait for the firmware update ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back