Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Apr 21, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #796 of 1,603
  Any card that didn't get recognized by L3 can get recognized through formatting it to FAT32.

Any previously formatted FAT32 cards that have been used by other devices, could be unrecognized by L3 due to other devices saving some hidden caching files(my guess) which stops L3 from reading it properly. Just reformat it and it will work fine.
confused_face.gif

Agreed. Tried a couple of cards previously formatted to FAT32 and used in different players. Had to re-format.

I'm now using a 200GB card. Loaded with a bunch of classical music. And using my FLC8s. Sounds very good.

Aside from some directory problems already mentioned above, my number one request for the firmware revision is to fix gapless playback.

Apr 21, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #797 of 1,603
Do we have any L&P representative here aside from the TS?

Apr 21, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #799 of 1,603
Not much has changed since the introduction of LP5 - DAC functionality and some bug fixes (which is great), but realistically (from past experience) updates might be a bit slow.  If you can take it for what it is (fantastic sonically, pretty capable GUI - but with caveats - quite a lot of caveats), then you'll do all right.  If you're expecting a perfect experience and rapid fixes - you'll be disappointed.

Apr 22, 2016 at 2:04 AM Post #801 of 1,603
Having only listened for a couple hours, the sound is pretty good, although to me it is on the warm side at the normal EQ.

Seems to play 24/192khz for me (although only have 1 album at 24/192, so take with a grain of salt) , except it appears to glitch (like a record skipping) every now and then randomly.

No issues at all with mp3, and 24/96 and below flac files.

I really hope they eventually put in the functionality mentioned by nmatheis.

Otherwise, its probably worth the $299 right now in terms of sound quality alone, but with the caveat that the firmware has some pretty fundamental shortcomings (eg, if you absolutely need things like gapless, it is immediately a dealbreaker).

At the $499 the Shenzhen audio is selling, I would be think really long and hard (and maybe looking at something that just works right now - like the FiiO X5 gen 2).

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #802 of 1,603
Finally got my L3, the only few complains I have are:

1. The volume knot seems very "loose" but not wobbly for mine (Or maybe I am just a sucker for solid rigged stuffs 
    tongue_smile.gif
    )
  2. No album art and tags when imported DSDs
  3. Need to turn up the volume to 50ish to be near my normal listening volume for my A900X headphone

Other than that all seems good for me, SQ wise it's good, hope that it will get better after a couple of days worth of burn in 

Apr 22, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #803 of 1,603
Having only listened for a couple hours, the sound is pretty good, although to me it is on the warm side at the normal EQ.

Seems to play 24/192khz for me (although only have 1 album at 24/192, so take with a grain of salt) , except it appears to glitch (like a record skipping) every now and then randomly.

No issues at all with mp3, and 24/96 and below flac files.

I really hope they eventually put in the functionality mentioned by nmatheis.

Otherwise, its probably worth the $299 right now in terms of sound quality alone, but with the caveat that the firmware has some pretty fundamental shortcomings (eg, if you absolutely need things like gapless, it is immediately a dealbreaker).

At the $499 the Shenzhen audio is selling, I would be think really long and hard (and maybe looking at something that just works right now - like the FiiO X5 gen 2).

Received mine today. After a couple of hours listening and loading various tracks...same issues. Hopefully a FW update is coming soon.

Apr 23, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #806 of 1,603
I too find the dial a little loose, so that it doesn't really turn properly with 1 handed use (ie, using only thumb or forefinger). You basically have to grip it between thumb and finger to rotate the knob or it will catch the sides.

Another bug is that In DAC mode, you must have something plugged into the headphone out before plugging the USB plug from the computer or there won't be any sound.

Still burning in, but sound characteristic seems to interact a little bit based on the headphone. So while the Sony XBA-H3 sounds warmer and boomier compared to my Geek Out Infinity -> Cavalli Liquid Carbon, my TH-X00 sounds more trebly with harsher, more brittle highs compared to the the same reference.

Apr 23, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #807 of 1,603
After half a day of use here's the following :
  1. AIFF files don't work at all, not even showing up in directory
  2. Tags that are too long won't be recognized

On the good side, the battery life is just as descripted, I got over 8~9 hours of use while playing 24/48 & 24/96 files and orchestral sounds so good with it 
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back