Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Apr 18, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #769 of 1,603
  Sound of it is smartphone-like though.

It uses a DSP chip usually found in smartphones or tablets.

It's selling points are its small size and equalizer.

Apr 19, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #780 of 1,603
I received my unit yesterday (yay!) and had a quick chance to check it out.  So far, I'm fairly impressed, but have a few concerns.

First, as others have stated, the volume knob is a bit wobbly and doesn't turn that smoothly.  It appears the knob isn't well centered or straight.  Kind of disappointing that a better part wasn't used.  My L3 also had some grime on it, presumably from manufacturing.  Not a big deal, but a bit odd.

As for the UI, the tap-only interface is ok.  My biggest gripe is that I'm having trouble selecting files because the navigation system is a bit odd.  Everything works great when viewing files, except that my filenames are long enough that I can't see the song name.  The filenames do not appear to scroll, and they should.  When viewing by artist (as someone else has stated) the navigation needs to be Artist>Album>Tracks, and not Artist>All Tracks.  That's just silly.  I'm also having issues with tagging and images not displaying.  Will the L3 not display an image that is contained in the same folder as the tracks?  

I'm a bit surprised how high I have to crank the volume with my HiFiMan HE400i.  I was listening at 50/60, though I don't often listen at high volumes.  Is there an adjustable gain setting somewhere?

The leather case is awesome and I'm a huge fan of the blue.  Overall fit and finish, apart from the items noted above is excellent.  SQ, so far, has been very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back