Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Mar 21, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #556 of 1,603
From the early prototype reviews, once the fw (and win drivers for u.s. dac ) is stable, $400 - 420 sounds like a bargain.

I think the MSRP for L3 is $399, but like you said, it is quite a bargain. 
cool.gif

Mar 24, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #562 of 1,603
  Well the "carbon fiber" back is covered up by the case..   btw is it really carbon fiber?  In any case (no pun) the dark blue looks great!

I had the same dilemma with L5 Pro, but I end up using the case, as it protects the wooden backplate, and it is a nice looking case anyway.

I am not so sure with L3, as the carboon fiber back plate(yes, it is a real CF backplate) is pretty scratch resistant, so the case might not be nessary. But I do like the dark blue color though....

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #563 of 1,603
Carbon fiber is actually not that durable as you think, i have carbon fiber made stuff chip off on the sides but that was just at my army days though. Never had such problems with kelvar plated stuff though

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #564 of 1,603
Mar 29, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #565 of 1,603
Got my hands on the production L3 now(should be the same one you guys are getting from the crowd fund).

The leather case is like baby blue-ish, color is pretty close to the pictures i posted earlier. From the picture I thought it would be some sort of PU hard leather, but it feels quite premium to the hand and I think it is real leather.

Another difference from the test units is that L3 now has glass screen protector instead of plastic ones. Also, the metal finishing feels slightly more refined.

Have not test the sound yet, will post some pictures later.

Mar 29, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #566 of 1,603
  Got my hands on the production L3 now(should be the same one you guys are getting from the crowd fund).

The leather case is like baby blue-ish, color is pretty close to the pictures i posted earlier. From the picture I thought it would be some sort of PU hard leather, but it feels quite premium to the hand and I think it is real leather.

Another difference from the test units is that L3 now has glass screen protector instead of plastic ones. Also, the metal finishing feels slightly more refined.

Please do !
beerchug.gif
Looking forward for it.

Mar 29, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #567 of 1,603

Oh my ... So hyped about this. Sounds like delivery will be roughly within the expected timeframe and will be one heck of a device for the intro price of 299 (although i will have to pay to reship out of US)!!!!!

Mar 29, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #568 of 1,603

Looking forward to it as well. I hope before I receive my L3 there'll be an update to support AAC! :)

Sent from my SHV-E300S using Tapatalk

Mar 29, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #569 of 1,603
Some simple box opening,

The unit comes with a glass screen protector on top, not extra screen protect in the package.

Buttons overall feels quite tacky and responsive. One of side key is kind of lose though.
Button labels are still printed on the side. Which means that you will not be able to see them when it is inside the leather case.
frown.gif

Carbon fiber back plate looks pretty nice.
bigsmile_face.gif

The leather case feels pretty premium, and I think it is real leather. However, it is not one of the harder leather surfaces, so it might need some extra care.

L3 with the leather case

Will post more tomorrow. Maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back