Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Jan 30, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #18 of 1,603
This looks fantastic! Even at $399 this seems like a great deal in comparison to Fiio and iBasso offerings.

Are there any plans to send out any demo units? Usually getting these players into the hands of Head-Fi reviewers not only gives great feedback into possible improvements before launch, but also helps to drum-up excitement for the device.

Jan 30, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #20 of 1,603
Interesting

Jan 31, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #21 of 1,603
Hey All!

So a couple quick updates and replies to some questions.

Haen's asked a good question: 

"battery life? will there be silver & black color or just silver? does the touchscreen support sliding? eq? playlists?

is the sound going to be similar to L5Pro or is it going to be totally different?"

I ended up making the post Friday afternoon (which is China's Saturday), so it might be early next week before I get a definite answer on this one. I do expect the L3 to carry the Luxury and Precision house sound due to components and the team that's working on it.

Got a couple questions about demo units 
Yes, we do plan to send out units to some well-regarded reviewers here on Head-Fi and it's already in the works. However, timing-wise the reviews will likely not be complete and up on the site before the promotion goes live.

It's obviously not ideal for timing and as a consumer I understand the desire for qualified reviewers to take a crack at it as it's something I'd like to have myself. We can push back the offer a month or two and wait for reviews to make their way on the site, but this would also push back getting the L3 in members' hands and writing their own impressions up for others to read. 

As this is a new thing for parties involved in this particular promotion we'll have to beg forgiveness for the lack of foresight. 

Quantity limit on the promotion
Here's a bit of news that I wanted to share as soon as it came up today and to be as transparent with the community as possible.

After a chat with Luxury and Precision's international distributors, there was a concern about the quantity of units being offered. We want to get the L3 into early adopters' hands and to really spread the word, but the team also wants to respect those that carry their products and to make sure that everyone benefits once the (hopefully very positive) reviews and publicity start coming in.

We're here to market and offer something awesome, but we understand it's important for not only customers but distributors and the manufacturer to feel excited and happy about the promotion. We've reached an agreement to limit the quantity of units that will be offered for the promotion. 

I'm not sure if the quantity restriction will actually be an issue (who knows how many units we'll move), but since there is a quantity restriction we will be posting an exact time the promotion will be going live before it happens. That way, everyone has a fair shot at the L3.

Currently, Worthy Audio has the right to distribute within North America. International members are allowed to place orders if the shipping address is to a location within the continent, but we will unfortunately not be shipping directly overseas.

Here's the breakdown:

First 50 orders: $299 + $10 shipping
Next 30 orders: $329 + $10 shipping
Next 20 orders: $359 + $10 shipping

It wasn't something that came up in the original talks, but we wanted to make sure no one with a vested interest in the L3 felt shafted by the promotion.

Thanks so much for all of the interest! Everyone working on the project is dedicated to making sure the promotion is a resounding success.

Jan 31, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #22 of 1,603

Currently, Worthy Audio has the right to distribute within North America. International members are allowed to place orders if the shipping address is to a location within the continent, but we will unfortunately not be shipping directly overseas.

in that case it would be better to correct the first post - not worldwide shipping but NA shipping. and it would be good to add the info about not shipping outside NA.

Jan 31, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #26 of 1,603
Damn this looks tempting for my next DAP if it has enough juice to make my R2Pros shine.

Looking forward to the power specs as well as the dimensions. This looks like it might be reasonably pocketable which would be nice.

Jan 31, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #27 of 1,603
Okay, this looks real good, not to mention I'm in the market for a DAP now.
I was actually pretty interested in L5 initially, but the buggy UI & features made me hold back.
I wonder how's the UI gonna be on this one.

So, maybe no shipping to EU? Or need to pay for forwarder? :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back