Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Mar 8, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #451 of 1,603

All my lossless collection is in FLAC and I am not really keen to transcode. Despite the inability to tag FLAC can you still use folder navigation to play FLAC files at least?

Yep - folder navigation works fine.

Mar 9, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #455 of 1,603
Quick update, funds are starting to be released and everything looks in order. The manufacturer is ready to get cranking as soon as they receive payment, so we should be beginning the process of creating the batch very shortly.

Current estimated ship time holds solid at mid-late April.

Mar 9, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #456 of 1,603
I figured it will take a little while before full review will surface up.   Though I have been sharing my impressions while using pre-production demo unit, full review will make sense only after I'm done testing production quality L3 with finalized internal hardware and the latest fw update (big one is coming!!!).  But at the same time, i think it will be highly beneficial to share pictures of this little beast, to wet appetite of IGG backers and to fulfill curiosity of thread visitors.  So here we go, click on the images to zoom in!!!

First class unboxing experience, identical packaging to L5 Pro:

Solid design which looks like a scaled down version of L5 Pro, with a bonus of 2.mm TRRS balanced connector:

Next to LPG and its big brother (L5 Pro):

Mar 9, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #457 of 1,603
Nice Pics!

One thing that I really worried about L3 was how scratch-resistant is the carbon fiber backplate. I tried keeping it(without the leather case) in my backpack along with other IEM cases, notebooks, and pen; and no scratches on the backplate at all.
biggrin.gif

The carbon fiber backplate looks really nice and I want to use it without the leather case.

Mar 9, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #458 of 1,603
Well, so the buttons are not engraved like those on the L5Pro. I'd say combined with the different color of the alloy material, this makes the build feel much less premium. I wonder how much cost can be saved by these moves.

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #459 of 1,603
  Well, so the buttons are not engraved like those on the L5Pro. I'd say combined with the different color of the alloy material, this makes the build feel much less premium. I wonder how much cost can be saved by these moves.

This is actually one of my negative comments as well.  The transport buttons need to be either engraved or labeled because when you slide the leather case on - all you see is 3 blank buttons without a label (labels are covered by the case).  I hope Mr Wan will address this change in the final production build.

Mar 9, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #461 of 1,603
This is actually one of my negative comments as well.  The transport buttons need to be either engraved or labeled because when you slide the leather case on - all you see is 3 blank buttons without a label (labels are covered by the case).  I hope Mr Wan will address this change in the final production build.

hopefully they will try to fix this before the production starts or we might gonna have another 'Pro version' scenario which nobody wants :s

Mar 9, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #465 of 1,603

I don't think L&P offers "Pro version" on a regular basis, it was the case with L5 because of touch screen problems.

no one's saying they do that on a regular basis, and I do know what happened on the L5. All I'm saying is that I hope they can check all the things before the production starts with the L3 so this scenario won't happen again. Because if it does (god forbid), the reputation is just going to sink and I don't want that happen at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back