LUXMAN P-750u HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER
Jul 6, 2019 at 10:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

SaiSai

100+ Head-Fier
I was a user of Violectric V200 for 7 years. In March last year I decided to upgrade to Luxman.
170541fut7o11xs711s4s0.jpg

Jul 6, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #2 of 12
This is my 1st balanced output headphone amplifier. I changed my cables to 4pin (for Denon) and dual 3pin XLR (for Sennheiser) because of the upgrade.
170542u04pw4okyjs0pabk.jpg

170542dj0gtgrg6ou42llb.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #3 of 12
This amplifier is so expensive but so good. Everything is top notch. This is my endgame headphone amplifier unless they produce a better one in the future.
20190707_101156.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #4 of 12
Feb 21, 2023 at 4:52 AM Post #5 of 12
This is my endgame headphone amplifier unless they produce a better one in the future.
I see you have gone back to your Violectric roots! : ) Must say something powerful about the V550

Jan 2, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #6 of 12
Hi SaiSai,

I am currently at the decision V550 vs. Luxman p-750u. Would be cool if you could provide any comments on how they compare and maybe what was the reason for you to go to the V550 after having a Luxman.

Jan 2, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #7 of 12
I would like to know to because the Luxman p-750u is considered to be "End Game"

From Japan so might want to check with customs, seen them go for lower. There's also an MK2 newer revision for $3000k you might want to see if it's worth it.

Luxman P-750u MK2

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #8 of 12
Thanks, yes I know the review from Currawong. Do you know what is new or different in the mark 2 version? One problem I see is the 100V AC input. We have 230V here. I wonder if a usual AC converter is suitable or if it needs to be something 'audiophile'. Never seen such.

Also I would prefer the size of the V550. I am currently testing a V340 and I like it. It pairs quite well with my LCD-5. Except that it does not have balanced inputs, the soundstage could be more holographic. Therefore I am interested in the V550..
But due to the review, I am really curious about the Luxman. I feel that after getting a V550, I would still want to get the Luxman, just for curiosity ^^

Haha, here is an interesting statement: https://www.headphoneauditions.nl/product/luxman-p-750u/:
I know that due to a review publish by a user there is a hype around this sold out product.

While this was a good amp, it was not an outstanding amp and didn;t hold up against more recent amps in the shop, when listeners made compared it against other amps.
Of course, it is a statement from a shop on a sold out product to turn attention to other products. But I think it could also be somewhat true (without knowing the amp).

So I would really be interested in thought by users that have experience with both amps.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 11:51 PM Post #9 of 12
Thanks, yes I know the review from Currawong. Do you know what is new or different in the mark 2 version? One problem I see is the 100V AC input. We have 230V here. I wonder if a usual AC converter is suitable or if it needs to be something 'audiophile'. Never seen such.

Also I would prefer the size of the V550. I am currently testing a V340 and I like it. It pairs quite well with my LCD-5. Except that it does not have balanced inputs, the soundstage could be more holographic. Therefore I am interested in the V550..
But due to the review, I am really curious about the Luxman. I feel that after getting a V550, I would still want to get the Luxman, just for curiosity ^^

Haha, here is an interesting statement: https://www.headphoneauditions.nl/product/luxman-p-750u/:

Of course, it is a statement from a shop on a sold out product to turn attention to other products. But I think it could also be somewhat true (without knowing the amp).

So I would really be interested in thought by users that have experience with both amps.
I could probably answer any questions you have regarding them, I've been able to try all 3 at the same time. Pm me any questions you might have.

Jan 22, 2024 at 3:32 AM Post #10 of 12

It'd be interesting to try it again, now that I have other amps here. I was tempted for a while to try and pick one up second-hand, but I've satisfied myself with the Schiit Mjolnir.

The problem with the comment on that site is simply that it lacks detail about what amps, what headphones, what set-up, and how exactly it didn't "hold up".

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2024 at 4:51 PM Post #11 of 12
Hi SaiSai,

I am currently at the decision V550 vs. Luxman p-750u. Would be cool if you could provide any comments on how they compare and maybe what was the reason for you to go to the V550 after having a Luxman.
With the LCD5 the Luxman it's a great pairing (I purchased the last unit from Stefan lol). With the sensitivity knob at mid, doesn't even require eq for a bass shelf, already so impactful.
I've listened to Vio and Niimbus recently, (380 and US5), the former in comparison is less grandiose and refined, the latter thin sounding thou more resolving in textures.
550 could be something in between, I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back