LUMIN - The Audiophile Network Music Player
Dec 30, 2022 at 12:39 AM Post #197 of 438
Ok thanks Kumar for sharing your experience!😊

My max budget will be 100 USD on a aftermarket ps or LPS.
Ya Sbooster is expensive but it's a well made LPS and is something that you can use for a long time and hence you will recover the cost in long term.

Dec 30, 2022 at 12:53 AM Post #198 of 438
Dec 30, 2022 at 1:04 AM Post #199 of 438
The one on the right came with my Zen stream and the one on the left is the low noise Ifi I bought a few yrs ago for my Qutest which is 5v which I can't use for my stream.
I see what you mean now. That’s not the ipower. Just get the upgraded ipower X in that case.

Dec 30, 2022 at 3:58 AM Post #202 of 438
To put the topic on the right track again just let me add that Lumin sounds and works great out of the box. I do not want to open can of warms but IMHO Lumin does not need nor benefit from switching power cord. I also believe that if power cord would influence the sound on the streamer (assuming it is just a transport) there is something very wrong with design of either transport or dac.

Dec 30, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #204 of 438
Lumin app question: Why is the upper left icon (rectangle / triangle) clickable, but not changeable? is it supposed to be something / do something?
Hmmm - I might need a screenshot.
Upper-left is meant to be album artwork.
If it shows an AirPlay icon then it means you are using AirPlay to send music to LUMIN. Does that sound right? If so, then that icon will change when you play in a different way (either streamed from TIDAL/Qobuz or a radio station, or local music).

Dec 30, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #207 of 438
Just to confirm, does the front panel display on the LUMIN unit, show the correct song/album/etc when you play from Roon?
Is this a general question? If yes, then yes it does.

Jan 1, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #208 of 438
I've been trying to decide which direction to go in with respect to streaming for a while now. My current chain is: Roon > Pi4/Ropieee > USB > Denafrips Iris DDC > Denafrips Pontus II 12th

The U2 interests me, but I am really not keen to use anything with a SMPS. Can any U2 owners provide any insight into the SQ from the device and whether the SMPS negatively impacts performance?

I read about the DSD upsampling. Does that work in a similar way to HQP? How useful is it?

Jan 7, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #209 of 438
for the ifs streamer to sound. even close to a lumin. it needs a really good power supply. I put my s booster on it. I'll never go back to the ifs power x. I bought. the s booster is way better but. 300 more
Intresting. Some say Audio streamer dont make a sound quality difference. But som say it will. I hope and think they can make a difference but haven't the experience my self to listen to many different. But i get doubts about it when some people say they dont here a difference.

I think streaming from apple tv and optical out to dac vs CXNv2 audio streamer the CXNv2 have a little blacker background but the difference is not huge.

Jan 7, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #210 of 438
I can understand that the psu makes a difference and i think the theory is that the internal components used can create more or less noise. That can lead to a lower noise floor. Even in digital transports this can matter i think. And the design and layout how many ways aren't there to create an audio streamer? Almost Every company's streamer seems designed differently internally.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back