LUMIN - The Audiophile Network Music Player
Oct 28, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #361 of 455
Just to clarify, what exactly do you mean by, "never turn off"?

The "idle sleep" setting gives three options:
Never, 15 minutes, 1 hour.
Are you saying you set it to "Never" or do you leave the main power switch in the back always ON...or both?

Thanks.
Good question. Let me check when I get back home in a couple of days.

Oct 29, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #363 of 455
Nov 2, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #365 of 455
Tomorrow I will buy my LUMIN u2 device, I am very excited to see how stable its application will be and how well it will be supported in terms of updates over the years and that I will hear some change in sound quality compared to the Ifi Zen stream. You can confirm that the USB dac output provides the best sound quality. ? a musician audio aquarius will be connected to it.

Nov 2, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #366 of 455
I am a T1 and T3 owner.
The interface is fine enough for me. It's not wonderful but it gets the job done.

Going to an external Metrum Onyx DAC via BNC and also using the T3's internal DAC, they are both CONVINCINGLY better than my iFi Zen.
Not even remotely in the same ballpark.

Nov 2, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #367 of 455
Tomorrow I will buy my LUMIN u2 device, I am very excited to see how stable its application will be and how well it will be supported in terms of updates over the years and that I will hear some change in sound quality compared to the Ifi Zen stream. You can confirm that the USB dac output provides the best sound quality. ? a musician audio aquarius will be connected to it.
Once you get it, take a bit of time to read through the App instructions in the online manual.
We've added features over the years that are slightly hidden.
Also, now that there are many apps on the market, if you come from another one, there are a few ways in which ours is different.

If you can, get used to the app on a tablet before using it on a phone as the result of adding things to the playlist is much more visible when both areas are simultaneously on screen.

I find most people who've used the app for a long time settle on 'double-tap' for these:
1698955778499.png
1698955801724.png

And use the 'press and hold' method for adding whole albums and tracks:
1698955881236.png

Nov 2, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #368 of 455
Once you get it, take a bit of time to read through the App instructions in the online manual.
We've added features over the years that are slightly hidden.
Also, now that there are many apps on the market, if you come from another one, there are a few ways in which ours is different.

If you can, get used to the app on a tablet before using it on a phone as the result of adding things to the playlist is much more visible when both areas are simultaneously on screen.

I find most people who've used the app for a long time settle on 'double-tap' for these:
1698955778499.png1698955801724.png

And use the 'press and hold' method for adding whole albums and tracks:
1698955881236.png
Where can I find the online manual for the application?

Nov 2, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #369 of 455
If you want the best sound quality, please use the SFP connection (fiber optic) from the network. For the SFP cage, it’s highly recommended that you use Finnisar FTLF1318P3BTL.

Nov 3, 2023 at 1:05 AM Post #370 of 455
If you want the best sound quality, please use the SFP connection (fiber optic) from the network. For the SFP cage, it’s highly recommended that you use Finnisar FTLF1318P3BTL.

Agreed, I use FTLF1318P3BTL as well and it is excellent. Another outstanding option I use for a different sonic flavor is Cisco SFP-10G-AOC5M

Nov 3, 2023 at 5:24 AM Post #372 of 455
Just be careful of fakes. Most cheap Finnisar FTLF1318P3BTL on Ebay/Amazon are fakes. Best to buy from a reputable networking supplier like Mouser

Nov 3, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #373 of 455
Just be careful of fakes. Most cheap Finnisar FTLF1318P3BTL on Ebay/Amazon are fakes. Best to buy from a reputable networking supplier like Mouser
Yes, I bought them from Mouser 👍🏼

Nov 3, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #374 of 455
Why is it that there is a loud hissing in the quiet parts of the music or when nothing is going on? what should I check in the settings? U2

It does this when I listen to Spotify using Connect, but when I start a radio in the Lumin application, there is no hissing at all.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #375 of 455
Why is it that there is a loud hissing in the quiet parts of the music or when nothing is going on? what should I check in the settings? U2

It does this when I listen to Spotify using Connect, but when I start a radio in the Lumin application, there is no hissing at all.
Do you have any other sources of music to test?
You could put some FLAC or WAV tracks on a USB thumbdisk to test for example.
Or you could start a free trial of TIDAL or Qobuz.

It's definitely not a normal thing to happen.
The fact that it doesn't do it with FLAC Radio, obviously points to Spotify (MP3 afaik), but I would double-check with something else as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back