Luda SL99 vs Klipsch S4 side by side comparison..........
Nov 2, 2011 at 2:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lebomb

100+ Head-Fier
I have always loved my S4s, but they keep falling out of my ears...........or slowly loosen up no matter what tip I have on them.  Anyhow, I decided to see if there was something new that provided what I desired in an earbud..........deep bass (I listen to Jazz, Hip-Hop, R&B, Latin music).......good mids and highs.  Well, I ran across a few reviews online of the Luda SL49/99's.....and they peaked my interest.  I just purchased these earbuds today and have been doing a side by side for the last hour.  Let me tell you, right out of the box they sound every bit as good or better than the S4s.  Deeper more inpactful bass, just as good of mids and highs.  Better separation.........they sound like you are actually in a nightclub.  If that is what you desire.  I can't even imagine how these will sound once broken in.  Lastly, they fit in my ears perfectly......without any loosening.  They also isolate better with no outside bleed.  The only thing they have a disadvantage at, is that they are larger than the S4s.  So be ready for a bit larger, heavier in earbud.  The build quality is pretty good as well...........I really like the cable.  Its flat, but has a bit of thickness to it.  I can see it being fairly durable compared to some other cables Ive seen. 

Overall Im very happy with these........right out of the box, I give them a 7.  Let see what happens in a week or two.

Nov 2, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #2 of 5
Been listening to the SL99s for about 4hrs now.............has the bass impact of Bass Freq's...... better control though and much, much better mids/highs.  They didnt drop that out with these IEMs.  Im sold.........I love em.   Went from  
etysmile.gif
  >>>>>  
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 3, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #3 of 5
I had a chance to listen to these in a shop and I liked them quite a bit. They sounded very pleasing to my ears, and miles better than the Tours. Sound was quite smooth too, since I'm not fond of grain-iness at all.

Nov 3, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
I had a chance to listen to these in a shop and I liked them quite a bit. They sounded very pleasing to my ears, and miles better than the Tours. Sound was quite smooth too, since I'm not fond of grain-iness at all.

Im loving these IEMs...... I hear things in songs I didnt even notice before.  They are very clear for a dynamic. 

Jan 10, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
I have always loved my S4s, but they keep falling out of my ears...........or slowly loosen up no matter what tip I have on them.  Anyhow, I decided to see if there was something new that provided what I desired in an earbud..........deep bass (I listen to Jazz, Hip-Hop, R&B, Latin music).......good mids and highs.  Well, I ran across a few reviews online of the Luda SL49/99's.....and they peaked my interest.  I just purchased these earbuds today and have been doing a side by side for the last hour.  Let me tell you, right out of the box they sound every bit as good or better than the S4s.  Deeper more inpactful bass, just as good of mids and highs.  Better separation.........they sound like you are actually in a nightclub.  If that is what you desire.  I can't even imagine how these will sound once broken in.  Lastly, they fit in my ears perfectly......without any loosening.  They also isolate better with no outside bleed.  The only thing they have a disadvantage at, is that they are larger than the S4s.  So be ready for a bit larger, heavier in earbud.  The build quality is pretty good as well...........I really like the cable.  Its flat, but has a bit of thickness to it.  I can see it being fairly durable compared to some other cables Ive seen. 

Overall Im very happy with these........right out of the box, I give them a 7.  Let see what happens in a week or two.

The Klipsch S4 is the first on my to-buy-next list. So you're saying that as far as bass goes, the SL99 is definitely better?

If you have $50 to spare, could you please try the genuine CXL400 on ebay? It's the best among what I own after buying all the hyped budget-fi in here. Or perhaps it would be better to wait until I get my S4 so I can tell you how they compare.

It's funny how you're the ONLY other person who loves bass the same way I do, comparing them to a loudspeaker-side rock concert/pimped up car subwoofers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back